John Frusciante - Maya
Oct 25, 2020
Wow, the user score is a disgrace.
This album is a fitting homage to 90s electronica, mainly focused on tasty jungle/idm grooves. It surprised me pleasantly because Frusciante's electronic records thus far were not very appealing to me (and tbh after Enclosure I had given up hope).
But here he is, releasing a solid record and totally 'getting' what made 90s electronica great. It is not reinventing the wheel, and the tracks do not add up to a greater whole, but individually they work pretty well.
I am not sure yet if I really want this, but it would be interesting if some of his ideas were incorporated to RHCP's sound as well.
Who knows.
Oct 26, 2020
He doesnt want to incorporate Electronic in rhcp music because he has his own career to do that ahah
But nice review, finally what i was expecting!
Oct 26, 2020
yes yes that is true. geeky fantasy stuff, don't mind me :P
Oct 26, 2020
Tbh u would like to see some exprimental stuff... All member have Experience in exprimental genres, except kiedis ahahah but well he would do just fine ig
Oct 27, 2020
oh yes, flea's work is also great. not a big fan of chickenfoot though :P
Oct 27, 2020
well u also have chad smiths bombastic meatbats and the process (with bill laswell and jon batiste),
Oct 28, 2020
Hmm, this project went over my head. Thanks for letting me know, I'll check them out :D
Sammyvl
Good News
BTS - BE
BTS
BE
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - K.G.
K.G.