Imagine Dragons - Origins
Nov 12, 2018
I’ll start with positives about this album since all it seems to be getting is bandwagoned hate (certainly not disagreeing or saying I would do any different, but it is easy to rate an album super low when everyone else is calling it total garbage.)

+The transitions between songs are very pleasant. The album has a really nice flow to it. I enjoyed how songs moved from A to B.

+The vocals certainly are not nearly as lifeless as they felt on Evolve.

+Production sounds quite expensive, which after the Muse album, is nice to hear.

+Songs do a good job at following a central sound, even if the lyrics don’t follow that.

I just wanted to make sure I explain that this album is not all bad, and it is worth going in completely open minded. However, this album has a really obvious fatal flaw that I think is not mentioned nearly as much as the horrific sound of the album...

The lyrics are completely uninspired. Actually I’ll just say they are really awful. This whole album follows this awful pop formula that gets extremely sickening from a band that simply doesn’t know their strengths.

The sound of this album sounds like a TikTok Gamer Girl soundtrack. I think that when I weight out the good and the bad of this album, it is not as horrible as everyone is making out to be. At the same time I would not ever return to this mess of a sellout soundtrack. I can’t say I’m that surprised or disappointed, but I can say I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone. I would recommend you wait until they put a little heart into their work, and they stop pressing themselves into an awkward pop mold.

I really don’t like this album, but I don’t even want to score it. It just feels like giving a rating to a stillborn child. That is how this album feels to me. It feels sad. I don’t like the existence of this thing. It is so poorly flushed out. I just hope they will get something organized some day

Fav Tracks: ya know I really didn’t enjoy a single track from front to back. Every track is poorly written and not well thought out.

Least Fav Track: Digital