Jun 4, 2019 (updated Jun 10, 2019)
After listening to all of Tyler’s previous albums, I’ve felt myself relating to him in a lot of ways. I really enjoy how personal his music feels to me. He is really unfiltered, and in a lot of ways, I have found myself looking up to him. I can understand why he has gained such a passionate fan base. I was looking at this album at face value when I first heard it, and I blame myself for that

This album is just really cool. I like how vintage it sounds throughout. Tyler’s approach to lyrics is very minimal, and rather the focus is on sound and feeling, which I think he nails. It is a focused effort that shows Tyler being more ambitious and patient with his album structuring. While I didn’t quite understand it at first, multiple listens made this a very sweet and fun listen without having to demand too much attention

Edit: While this is a very sweet album, I personally find myself losing interest on multiple listens. The mix being as sloppy as it ruins a lot of enjoyability I could pull from the immense charm this album has. The album closer though is fantastic so I find myself skipping longer sections to get to it.
Jun 5, 2019
Oh I see, had to try as hard as possible to drone Fantano, right.
dude, don't
yeah I expected this
Eh. Happens, dude.
Jun 5, 2019
Yes not like this album has basically grown on almost everyone since the initial release
Responding to Hunter btw
Jun 5, 2019
This album is definitely a grower!
Jun 6, 2019
This album never grew on me surprisingly. I did give it 2 extra points when I realized how much I kept coming back to it, though.
Jun 7, 2019
May: 50
June: 71
July: 94
August: 113
2021: 1163648372836
Jun 8, 2019
Hunter, there's no problem with fantano changing someone's mind on something,that should be a good thing that he gets people to see some things they missed upon first or second listen, it shouldn't be negative.
Jun 8, 2019
@Chicagoslaw18 I can agree. As long as you don't blindly follow Fantano or other review publications, it is perfectly fine to have your mind changed on an album when Fantano reviews it. But Hunter isn't trying to bash Brad at all. It's just a joke that's been around for a while that Brad would change his score because Fantano disagrees and we're just messin' around.
Jun 8, 2019
@Inglume I knew about the Fantano joke and stuff I just assumed he was actually taking it seriously lol
Jun 9, 2019
Happy to see you came around on this album, at least a little bit! I definitely needed to listen a couple times before I felt comfortable sharing my thoughts on it, as I think this album kind of came out of left field in its style.