Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Mar 31, 2019 (updated May 23, 2022)
So as a kid, I used to go to the library, pick out albums, and download them to my iPod if I liked them. It was... immature... but that is besides the point. I picked up tons of albums across many artists, but MBDTF I specifically remember listening to consistently throughout my entire life past 2010. However as I got older, my musical taste was set on a weird path. I almost had no appreciation for lyrics, even up until recently.

I had this album at an 8/10 for a while, maybe due to myself feeling like it was overplayed and it had lower points like Blame Game (which I always skipped as a kid.)

Now, modern day me, has the greatest Kanye listening experience ever to this album in the car where all the lyrics I remembered from my countless listens all came up and started making sense... THE WRITING ON THIS ALBUM IS FLAWLESS! THESE ARE SOME OF THE BEST VERSES IN ALL OF HIPHOP PERIOD! HOLY SHIT!! My god the bars... and the beats... it’s near flawless from a technical point. This whole album is just mind blowingly solid

Edit (-> 100): this album is one of the most important albums in my life, and I appreciate this from both an objective point of view, and a personal experience perspective. I love this project, and it deserve a spot in the 10s. It’s not perfect, but most of my 10s aren’t perfect. They are 10s because they max out the volume. They are incredible pieces of art that push boundaries and themselves.

Love it

10/10 review it again!
3y
I've been thinking about that first sentence since I read it lol. I guess we had a pretty similar childhood haha. That album for me was Tigermilk. I still have those library downloads on my phone, but I've since bought the records I've *ahem* "borrowed". I agree with you though. It's a pretty great feeling to go back to a record you grew up with and to have a moment like that. Gotta love music for that
Can I ask you, why didn't you add it in your 10/10 video
how is that immature..
3y
more specifically you can kiss my asshole
How is that immature?
3y
^ how was that immature tho?
1y
Whats your fav song off mbdtf?
I'm up in the woods
I'm down on my mind
I'm building a still
To slow down the time
Nice brad
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 10/10
2mo
Not very fantano of you smh
Oh shit