Car Seat Headrest - Making A Door Less Open
May 1, 2020
Cmon man the album has been out for 8 minutes, and the amount of ratings doubled
May 1, 2020
It's been on Spotify for several hours for me (in Australia)
May 1, 2020
I want to leave this comment and very clearly state, I really don't wish to be combative and just want to share my perspective. I really don't mean it in bad taste (pun intended) and just think it needs to be said.

I find a comment like this deeply ironic. There are really two camps of thought that a comment like this comes from.

1. You're upset that people are formulating their opinions too quickly, therefore rating it too quickly, which ultimately isn't that deep of an issue because you can change your opinion on numerous occasions, and no one is hurt in the process. It doesn't seem like a big enough issue to be upset deeply about.

2. You're upset that people are posting reviews trying to fish for likes. This is a noble mentality, but if this is where your stance is, commenting to crack the whip on those posting early while simultaneously posting early is just a different form of fishing for likes and views.
May 1, 2020
This site exists to post opinions and thoughts about music. Opinions are adaptable and malleable, and no one is wrong for formulating an opinion on a website dependent on it, even if the opinion is formed early.

For those upset about writing reviews quickly for likes, if that is the intention of this post, recognize that it’s basically the only way some people can get likes on this website because there are a lot of very competitive and smart writers on this site. I write reviews early both because I want to have my opinion seen because I like to think I’m a solid writer on this site and because staying up late on Thursday night to hear new music is one of my favorite parts of the week and writing my thoughts is what I like to do. If you don’t like that position, just don’t like the posts.

If I’m missing something, feel free to retort. I really don’t want to cause an uprising, just want to provide a different perspective.
May 1, 2020
@MasterCrackfox kek, Brad posted one sentence, not 2 paragraphs. I kinda feel the same; I understand that the album was leaked, etc but, without attempting to sound snobby, I would say it's very hard to give a solid rating of an album first time hearing, *in my opinion*, and the ratings given after such a short time, *in my opinion*, devalues the entire collective user rating. You're attacking his opinion while protecting others. That seems pretty hypocritical to me.

I'd recommend 11:50 Jay Z has some wise words.
Different time zones
May 1, 2020
Every album drops at the same time in the US
May 1, 2020
@MasterCrackfox calm your tits down man, Brad just made an observation, not a full on paragraph
May 1, 2020
Pretty sure most people agree with the sentiment that you can't rlly judge an album off the first listen
May 1, 2020
It’s not like I think it’s totally wrong. But I see this opinion every time a new major release comes out and it seems like it’s getting to a point of alienation.
May 1, 2020
I am cool with a rating and review after 1 listen, considering everything can be changed... but 8 minutes is just cringe
Not everyone lives in the United States
May 1, 2020
I do think that it was a difference in time zones mostly, other than people who listen to the leak (something I also am not a huge fan of). If it wasn’t, yeah, that would be a pretty blatant issue.
May 1, 2020
stupid australasians and europeans listening to the album before it's out in america
lol what an idiot
May 1, 2020
Hé ! This is the only advantage we have in france :( because most french music is shit ...
ok
May 1, 2020
@MasterCrackfox rating an album before you have even listened to it is incredibly stupid in my opinion.
May 3, 2020
@MasterCrackfox Or you are just simply a bitch. I s'pose y'know.
Jun 3, 2020
Brad, give it a score already or do a reaction pleassseee