JID - The Forever Story
Aug 26, 2022 (updated Aug 26, 2022)
Dude, I’m about 5 songs into this thing, and I have to stop to say something

This is incredible hip hop. The flow from JID is incredible. The bars are all there, and somehow the hooks are catchier than ever.

I hope this continues through the whole album. My jaw has hit the floor a couple of times already. Absolutely loving it.

Edit: finished the album. This is JID showing that he really has something to prove. Being one of the oldest right now in the contemporary rap game, it feels like The Forever Story is a do or die moment of JID's career, and JID put the fucking time in. It is incredible. It blows every other rap release this year out of the water. JID shows that he is not going anywhere with a truly career defining moment in his catalogue.

Track Ratings
13Money / 90
14Better Days / 90
15Lauder Too / 100
1mo
SAME. His first two records were great but this is a different level so far.
1mo
Has your jaw reached the Nether yet?
PLEASE TELL ME THERES A YOUTUBE REACTION BRAD
1mo
Corniest user in aoty. Please delete account πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
reaction? >.<
1mo
"Corniest user in aoty. Please delete account πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™"
>only rates Hip Hop on their account, has an Eminem profile pic
4w
I fell asleep during the second half lol it was late
@Brad Taste oof
4w
Imagine being mad just cause my reviews get popular
4w
so are you going to listen to it?
or is this in eternal limbo?
or am I dreaming?
or dead?
Help me im sccared
4w
He hasn't listened to the full album yet. He's gonna do a live reaction in a few minutes
4w
Yeah JID's on a different level on this one
4w
I know nothing about JID other than "OOOOOOOOOH THE MISERY, EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE MY ENEMYYYYYYYYYYYYYY", so this review left me shocked.
4w
I'm listening to J.I.D. right now and I'm absolutely blown away by his flows. This might be one of the best albums this year.
4w
if you think this blows Mr Morale or Aethiopes or GDMM out of the water then LOL
4w
Greatest user in aoty. Please keep account πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
You forgot to rate the last track "Lauder Too" brad
4w
This guy love every overrated hip hop albums? What a vulture.
4w
Sometimes an album is better musically. Just because something is higher rated doesn't mean it's more emotionally convincing than another album - it just means that the musicality is subjectively more intriguing to the ears. Relax. Not to mention that, of course, music is subjective.
4w
Does this guy like everything I don't like? What a vulture
4w
You like an album other people enjoy? Such a vulture smh
4w
This made me listen to it, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW it’s so good
3w
@rosemulet that hurts to read lol go listen to his other stuff. He’s been one of the best for a while now
Common brad w
3w
He's not one the oldest contemporary rappers
3w
Damn I wish the 2007 didn't get shafted. 2007 as an outro bought the whole album together. and that ending is so powerful bro. Throughout this whole album JID has been trying to prove that he is one of the greats, and Jcole's spoken word at the end felt like the final nail in the coffin. Like, if the rest of the album didn't sell you on JID, Jcole vouching for him and saying that he's something special will convince you that if JID hasn't cemented himself as one of the greats now, he will in the future.
bradley W