Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
Sep 3, 2021 (updated Sep 3, 2021)
When I heard the song "I Love You, I Hate You" earlier this year, I was blown away with the lyrical quality, and structure of the track, as well the unique integration of samples (most of which are not even samples wtf!? my life is a lie). Upon hearing that, I pretty much knew Simz was going to drop a pretty solid album, but seriously wtf?

This album is amazing, but in a brilliant and unique way that I've never heard before in a Hip Hop album. Front to back, this thing is a fucking fever dream. The intro track is literally if you took the brilliant structure of the single I heard, and made that shit as bright as the sun. It is seriously one of the best intro's to any album I have ever heard, and the fact that it is on a hip hop album is fucking brilliant. Choirs, strings, and all sorts of arranged instruments guide this thing down a literal rabbit hole of Little Simz psyche. I was wondering to myself "How the hell did I get here" by the time I got to the song "How Did You Get Here". The interludes do such an amazing job at stringing together the ideas of this project together with small little dreamlike conversations. The songs are all so unique and different, but every song is as satisfying as the last. There is not a single song here that doesn't pay off for being patient and paying attention. Oh yeah and Little Simz does not miss. Her flow is impeccable as can be on every single song, and her writing is both personal, and extremely punchy and smart. This is truly one of the most brilliant, and well hip hop albums I have ever heard.

10+

Favorite Tracks: All

Least Favorite: None, and I really did try to find something that didn't blow my socks off
Sep 3, 2021
MAN i missed the stream is there gonna be a reaction on youtube?
yeah most likely
Sep 3, 2021
Good review. I am excited to listen to this
Sep 3, 2021
My exact feelings good things there was something to wash my ears with after clb
So based
hell yeah
Sep 4, 2021
the rapper that came to tea being lowest rated 🤔🤔
correct opinion
Yooo, upload the reactionnn
Sep 6, 2021
There’s a clear Smokey Robinson sample on, ‘Two Worlds Apart’ and they may be even more that I haven’t deduced yet. Make no mistake, it’s an instant classic whether it has samples or no samples whatsoever.
Sep 6, 2021
@ShawAsCanBe She confirmed on twitter that there's only one sample and that it's an obvious one (Smokey). Everything else was recorded for the album.
Sep 7, 2021
Reading your review got me to listen to the album twice and now I'm sitting here ready to watch your reaction, I'm so excited, this albums's amazing and I can't wait to hear your especially detailed thoughts on why Brad :D
Sep 7, 2021
love the reaction, made me smile and appreciate the album more
Sep 8, 2021
I love this record so much! Been stuck on it since first hearing it. Gave it a perfect score as well! (btw, just discovered your account here and your YT channel. Awesome content!)
Sep 9, 2021
ive been listening to this album nonstop for the past two days, its just breathtaking
Sep 14, 2021
Guys, I can't stop myself, I HAVE to say it. This album is ONE OF THE ALBUMS OF ALL TIME
Oct 7, 2021
This album sounds like a bland rap version of The ArchAndroid. You pissed off like a newcomer in music in general. Listen to ArchAndroid and you will have to downrate this to 80 or 85.