Christoph de Babalon - If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Feb 11, 2024
An album like this only works if it tempts you to connect the dots. The 15 minute ambient intro provides the perfect level of intrigue to get a story started. It will be unique for everyone, but for me, the intro is the outro. Just like Godspeed F A Infinity, It tells the story of a tragic fate. Like a loss of the world, but the ironic beauty of it. It follows this up with sharp and punchy, dark combinations of drum and bass variations.

At some point, it returns to the dark atmosphere of the first song as a point of reflection on the ideas and concepts of the album up to this point. It all feels like it connects and serves a much greater purpose, bringing more and more reflection onto the first song. I am amazed at how much is said without a word, and it is the connections you make between songs that makes this such a great listen.

For me personally, I am reconnected to memories of certain creative VHS tapes I watched as a kid that served as visual experiences of robots and automated machines creating visualizers for fun and wild electronic music. It provoked a very similar feeling for me, and filled a really cool niche for me personally. Might not be for everyone but I sure got a hell of a lot out of it.

Track Ratings
9Release / 89
10High Life (Theme) / 95
11My Confession / 100
1w
My confession is the best drum and bass song of all time, glad you found this album 🙌
^we need jungle, I'm afraid
cool review
1w
Hell yeah I love this album