OutKast - Aquemini
Oct 25, 2017
I've listened to this like 3-4 times and i'm really struggling to see why it's considered one of the all time best hip-hop albums. Very few of these songs had much of a distinct flavour to them to really keep me engaged, it just kinda felt like a slog to get through honestly. A lot of the features are pretty awful too, especially george clinton who completely ruins the song he's on. Many of these songs went on for way too long as well. It absolutely has it's highlights, andre & big boi are very capable rappers and lyrically it was entertaining for the most part, but i'd be lying if I said I really enjoyed myself from beginning to end, I just think it's okay.

Fav Tracks: West Savannah, Da Art of Storytellin' (Part 1/2), Y'all Scared

Least Fav Tracks: Synthesizer, Slump, SpottieOttieDopaliscious, Liberation
Oct 25, 2017
Respect your opinion, but I do think eventually this album will click for you if you're willing to listen to it. I agree there are some less than spectacular songs. but there is just something about Aquemini that will never get old for me. It's so engaging but at the same time laid back. It feels like a time capsule that captures Georgia in the summer. Ok I'm rambling now but if you're in the right headspace I think it will just click.
Oct 26, 2017
I hear you man, and I hope it does. Will def give it more time.
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the rant haha, sounds good!
Feb 12, 2018
good execution of the blasphemy. maybe try all caps next time
Mar 4, 2018
alright, the mixing on this thing is horrendous. the songs could have been much better hadn't been those EAR-STABBING SNARES
itsyahboinoah