Fever Ray - Plunge
Nov 3, 2017
The last 3 tracks are exactly what I would've wanted from a Fever Ray follow up album, they're very slow paced and twisted yet still manage to feel like an extension of what made the debut great, it feels refreshing but it still maintains the eerie atmosphere and strong tone that makes the debut so quality. For the most part though, I feel like she kinda lost her identity a little too much on this album, the obnoxious, chirpy synths and fast paced drums on To the Moon and Back, This Country & IDK About You feel like overkill a bit, almost like a desperate attempt to recreate the weird, creepy feel of the first album in a new refreshing way, but to me on these tracks it just falls flat on it's face. Also Falling & Plunge are two songs that fail to really go anywhere or do anything remotely memorable imo, however I do appreciate how creative the instrumental is on Wanna Sip, love how unorthodox and bouncy it is too. Not really in love with this album in the end, and I don't think it comes anywhere close to matching the debut, but it's cool to hear her back again trying a few new things out after an 8 year hiatus, even if I don't always think it pans out too well.

Fav. Tracks: Red Trails, Wanna Sip, An Itch

Least Fav. Tracks: IDK About You, To the Moon and Back, This Country
Nov 3, 2017
s u b s e q u e n t l y™
Nov 3, 2017
'this latest album from the ray that could provoke fever' dead
Nov 3, 2017
life should be more unorthodox and bouncy