Angel Olsen - All Mirrors
Oct 4, 2019 (updated Oct 6, 2019)
I’ve had high expectations for this release ever since the first single came out. Even though I haven’t heard any of Angel Olsen’s projects before, I've completely fell in love with her sound just after that one song. Then when „Lark" came out, I was blown away by this track. I was really hoping that the rest of the album is going to be as great as the singles. Finally, after hearing „All Mirrors”, I am happy to say that it pretty much has lived up to my expectations.

First of all, the production on this project is just out of this world. It definetely is one of the best produced pop albums of the year. The psychodelic synthesizers, drums and strings mixed with a lot of reverb all create a wonderful, dreamy, huge and at some points even dark atmosphere. Also the build ups all over this record are mind-blowing.
Olsen's vocal performance is extremely impressive. She manages to complement those instrumentals really well with her very powerful voice and exceptional, emotional lyricism. But of course this record isn't flawless. There are some low moments on here, also the record may feel a little monotonous.

But in conclusion I obviously am really satisfied with the quality of this album. Angel Olsen created a really great, mostly consistent and moody piece of art pop with incredible, creative production and some of the best vocal performances of the year. It definetely is one of the best pop records I’ve heard in a while. Simply stunning.

Favourite Tracks: Lark, All Mirrors, Impasse and Chance