JID - The Forever Story
Favourite: Surround Sound
Worst: Money

1. Galaxy - [Not Included]

2. Raydar - 10
[Production on this just so unique, love the samples and lyrics just so good.]

3. Dance Now - 10
[Production just incredibly catchy on this. Lyrically and those vocals again just so fantastic. Can't really ask for much more, something you can bop to as well]

4. Crack Sandwich - 10
[Flow really good on this, very catchy again just another great song]

5. Can’t Punk Me - 10
[That flow though, the feature was fantastic as well and added a lot to the song.]

6. Surround Sound - 10
[That production just hits so hard, this just hits so hard. Probably one of the best songs I've heard this year ngl]

7. Kody Blu 31 - 10
[Such a refreshing sound this. Just so good don't know how else to describe it lol]

8. Bruddanem - 9
[Again really nice track, Durk made was a positive feature and a good track]

9. Sistanem - 10
[WHY IS THIS CHORUS SO GOOD WWWOOOOW]

10. Can’t Make U Change - 9
[That feature was nice, really beautiful vocals just a nice performance. JID lyrically was good and the switch up continued to make the track refreshing]

11. Stars - 9
[Great song, really liked the references and purpose behind the track. Didn't even see the need for a feature lol]

12. Just In Time - 9
[It's too good. What else do you want me to say lol]

13. Money - 8
[Has a sort of beach indie production style to this lol. Anyway still a decent track just didn't see why it needed to go for that long.]

14. Better Days - 10
[Never heard of the feature before but he sounded really nice and added a lot. Trying to figure out who he sounds like but anyway I thought the production was nice again]

15. Lauder Too - 10
[Yeh a good track to finish on. I can't believe some of that production I've just never some of that guitar or bass whatever it is. Honestly though the production could be at its best on this song as well. The whole track just sums up the entire album so well.]

Average: 9.57
Quick Comment: The best rap album I have heard this year. What a year of rap it is so many promising projects from some of top people in the genre with Logic, Kendrick and Denzil all leading the way. However so far this album tops them all for me. The entire album was almost flawless, so much diversity in the album in every aspect no song were disappointing and all the features I added to each song.

Lyrically this firstly was just insane. The flow that JID had on every song was always incredibly smooth and even the references just fitted in so well. The lyrics I for the most part were pretty understandable and you could comprehend what he was trying to preach in his music. Returning back to his references I found it actually incredible that none of them were corny or anything, literally remarkable, can't remember an album where it had nothing corny or anything dull sort of verses or lines in it. Each chorus or hook were so different to the last and also seemed to keep the project refreshing.

Production thoroughly impressed me on this project. Every song had different sounds and continued to keep me engaged. I think I mentioned it in some of my reactions to some of the songs but there were sounds I've just never heard before, just incredible at times. The grand sound that was produced as well was so nice and felt enchanting at times in some songs just completely consumed me. The production was very versatile as well like I can't even recall 2 songs that had the same sort of theme to it.

Overall, a really fantastic album and would reccomend listening to it

1mo
It's my Aoty I think too, makes me want to revaluate my other ratings as the lyricism in this album alone is flawless. Plus 2007 as a closer is immaculate, I need that sample to be cleared asap.
1mo
@TurtwigsTaste Yeh that's true I may have to revaluate mine as well, the album was truly incredible
20h