Black Country, New Road - Ants From Up There

8. The Place Where He Inserted the Blade - 10
9. Snow Globes - 10
10. Basketball Shoes - 9

Average: 9.8
Quick Comment: What a surprise lol a sensational record. The movement and the different styles of production work along with it's complexity creates something that many others can, a bloody good record. At times the changes of tempo and the large variety of instruments used for me feels to be unique. In this day an age the majority of artists or groups I listen to seem to use high levels of production or just more expensive more modern techniques that to an extent sounds more professional I guess. However the more old school methods from "Black Country, New Road" provided seems to put me in more of a positive frame set mainly because this is pretty good but just like I mentioned earlier of the variety of instruments used makes This feel a lot shorter than the 58mins. Even hearing sounds like the Clarinet feels weird almost and refreshing, it's really good to seem them utilised. The vocals and the lyrics I have found to be impressive as well. The constant emotion poured out of the vocals if that's the screaming or the staggering it displays a more fulfilling sound. The simplicity of the lyrics I have found also to be a great touch. I would recommend this album to everyone who has a pair of working ears :). If you don't have a pair of working ears still play it because good!

Also thank you guys for the kind messages over the last day, making me more excited to do these reviews for you :)

Comments