Black Star - No Fear of Time
May 3, 2022
Favourite: Freequency
Worst: My Favorite Band

1. o.G. - 7
[Lyrically I felt, this song got better as went on. In the beginning, I felt it was kinda boring vocally and that but found it quite interesting towards the end. A not bad way to start an album]

2. So Be It - 8
[Lyrically done pretty well and an interesting track, but for me, that production got a bit annoying after a while.]

3. Sweetheart. Sweethard. Sweetodd - 8
[Production really nice, just glad it ended there tbh, any longer I reckon It would have been getting dull lol]

4. My Favorite Band - 7
[The mixing in this really annoyed me a bit. On their own the production isn't bad, lyrics great nice, but just how they are put together just ruins the track]

5. The Main Thing Is to Keep the Main Thing the Main Thing - 7.5
[Not bad just don't see why this needs to go for this long]

6. Yonders - 8.5
[Nice track this, something to chill to]

7. Supreme Alchemy - 7
[Production is literally on a 15-second loop I swear]

8. Freequency - 10
[For once the production doesn't actually try to go over the top of the vocals, I actually didn't need to pause to comprehend what they are saying]

9. No Fear of Time - 10
[Where was this sound the whole album?]

Average: 81.1
Quick Comment: Considering this a 24-year return from Black Star, I am a little disappointed. The last two tracks on this album are how this album should have been made. Lyrically the whole record I was pretty impressed, even blew me away at times but that production man was disappointing. Constantly I felt the production was on like a 20-second loop with no movement whatsoever and actually having more power than the vocals. Eventually, when getting to the end of a track I was glad the track stopped because of that production. Just like I said if Talib Kweli actually had that same production style in the last two tracks through the entire album, I'm probably giving this album a strong 9 honestly.

I don't think I've actually been so pissed at giving an 81 lol