Beyoncé - RENAISSANCE
Jul 29, 2022
Favourite: ALIEN SUPERSTAR
Worst: ENERGY

1. I'M THAT GIRL - 7
[It's not a bad track, I liked the idea behind it but just could have been executed better]

2. COZY - 7.5
[Definitely a catchy song. I do feel the more times I listen to this the better it will get, lyrically thought this wasn't too bad with nice production work]

3. ALIEN SUPERSTAR - 9
[Damn this is pretty good. Production work is elite with those fantastic vocals being utilised so well here, incredibly catchy as well]

4. CUFF IT - 8
[Another fantastic chorus on this, love the instrumental in the background as well just keeps it refreshing]

5. ENERGY - 6
[Pretty good transition between songs lol, do me about half a minute to realise it's a seperate song lol. Other than this is pretty average]

6. BREAK MY SOUL - 8.5
[A song at first that I didn't really like. I didn't really like the direction that Beyonce was taking and it just didn't sound like Beyonce. With time passing and giving this a few more listens, I definitely groove with this track]

7. CHURCH GIRL - 7.5
[I did like the meaning behind this just felt it could have been executed better]

8. PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA - 5.5
[Yeh this just went on for way too long and just felt way too slow. Production was a bit off as well]

9. VIRGO'S GROOVE - 8
[Really nice and refreshing track here. Such beautiful vocals with great lyrics. Love the positive vibe to this]

10. MOVE - 8
[The progression of the production over the entire track is really nice, features were good. A nice track overall, something different]

11. HEATED - 8.5
[Once again so catchy, probably the best flow Beyonce has had on a song so far though. A really smooth track this, can see this track doing well on the charts]

12. THIQUE - 9
[Another very unique track here. An absolute banger though, did not expect a track like this definitely one of the best on the album so far though]

13. ALL UP IN YOUR MIND - 9
[Really catchy, really enjoying the direction in the second half of this tracklist.]

14. AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM - 8
[Really interesting track in the message that it puts forth. Again something that's so catchy and unique to listen to]

15. PURE / HONEY - 8
[Confident Beyonce is something else. Love the confidence she has in this song, that self belief that bring across a great message]

16. SUMMER RENAISSANCE - 8
[Love the production on this, sounds like something Mike Dean would be involved on. Don't know if he has, haven't really payed any attention to who is producing. Anyway Beyonce also slaps on this]

Average: 7.84
Quick Comment: What a return from Beyonce after 6 years since her last album Lemonade. All though this isn't as good of an album as what Lemonade was, this is certainly still a great project. Going into this album I was expecting a full dance album that was going to be sort of average leaning more towards decent. My expectations were definitely passed on this with most songs i being sort of dance based, but there was definitely was a large range of variety within this project. It was really good to see how diverse the first half of the project was compared to the second. It was different in terms of the production work and the way vocals were used, making every track sounding incredibly refreshing.

The lyrics on this album were usually pretty good. I loved the confidence in the way which Beyonce spoke, I'd assume it would speak out to a lot of people out there who don't have that confidence. Trying to get people to speak out and to show that you are a strong individual. This was really shown on tracks like "BREAK MY SOUL" and "THIQUE", would be interesting to hear what Jay-Z thinks about that second track lol, but those two examples in particular showcased Beyonce's confidence. I did feel that the tracks on the second half of this really suited Beyonce's vocals where on the first half I felt at times, where I wasn't really feeling it. Then again maybe if I give this a couple more listens my opinion on that may change. The flow on this project with the lyrics I definitely thought was a positive, a couple times it didn't really feel smooth but for the most part that aspect was pretty strong.

In terms of the production work, I liked the direction it took for this album. I feel as if for the most part I haven't heard Beyonce perform under these sort of beats before, really interesting to hear the way she adapted and performed on them. There were a couple times I guess where I was a bit iffy with the production and just felt a bit messy, or just didn't really need to be added to the album. Like I don't really get what the point of the track "ENERGY" was, didn't add anything to the project and before playing it, based on the run time you could tell it would have been one of the weaker tracks on the album. Anyway, like I sort of already mentioned I did like the direction of the production and the variety of production work on this, definitely kept it refreshing and entertaining.

Overall, really nice album from Beyonce, good to hear another direction from her.

3w
its been 20 minutes there is no way you could have possibly listened to an hours worth of music in that time bruh what
3w
@xfghmg The moment the album is released depends on country for country, in my for example (Brazil), it came out about 45 to 50 minutes ago.
3w
@xfghmh I live in Australia and it gets released earlier here. I got this album 12 hours before you would have
3w
@CamLikesMusic 12 hours before?? How lucky, haha.
@humm1ng_b1rd yeh lol got half the day to write a review