Spellling - The Turning Wheel
Jun 29, 2021 (updated Jun 29, 2021)
This album from Spellling is one of the best listens I’ve had in a long time. This album literally made me feel like I was floating.

This was my first time listening to a project from Spellling, and my first time ever hearing of her was when I heard “Little Deer” on Fantano’s New Music Stream and loved it. I didn’t listen to any of the other singles though, as I wanted to wait and hear them all in the context of the album, and wow I’m so happy with this.

As I listened to this album for the first time, I was in awe. I kept waiting for The Turning Wheel to get boring or have a weaker moment and it just never did. I just found myself consistently impressed and wowed by what Spellling was doing on here. Her voice is absolutely fantastic, the songwriting is great, and the production and instrumentation are beautiful and help making this album transportive. It also has had a lot of replay value for me, as I’ve found myself returning to it quite a bit. Definitely one of the best albums of the year so far.
Comments