Drake - Certified Lover Boy
Sep 3, 2021 (updated Sep 5, 2021)
“Said that you a lesbian, girl me too, ayy” - Aubrey Drake Graham

Certified Lover Boy somehow manages to be 1 hour and 27 minutes of Drake’s most boring, lazy, and least interesting music ever. And unlike his other albums, there are like virtually no highlights that I can see myself going back to that make this listening experience any better.

I’m not like a big Drake fan or anything, but even in his lesser projects I usually find some enjoyment in them. But on “Certified Lover Boy”, I’m just not getting anything from this. The production isn’t very good, the features tend to be pretty disappointing as well, and Drake is doing nothing here. The verses are boring, there aren’t many catchy hooks or anything, and the lyrics are usually pretty atrocious. This album just feels so rushed and lazy, and most of these songs have little to no structure and just feel thrown together. And it’s not like these songs are terrible, because most of them aren’t necessarily, but they just aren’t really interesting or good either. They’re just so average and generic and boring that I don’t really see the point. I’m sure people who aren’t looking for quality music and just want playlist filler might find something in this, but for me this is possibly Drake’s worst and most unlikeable album to date.

Edit: 40 to 45. A few songs have grown on me, but overall this listening experience is pretty terrible and most of the songs are just incredibly meh.

Wise words ngl.
facts
1y
Production is good tho, that was dumb remark. But I agree that it’s repetitive
True
[hidden]
1y
If you’d like to explain why I’d be interested to hear lol @neonhollywood