Quadeca - From Me To You
Apr 1, 2021
I was skeptical of the positive reviews this was getting, and while I definitely don’t think this is a masterpiece, it’s actually pretty well executed and an extreme improvement over the other music I’ve heard from him.

While I’ve never been a Quadeca fan, I’ve thought he had talent and the potential to drop some solid music. But while I saw potential, I wasn’t expecting THIS. I didn’t even know who Quadeca was until my friend recommended his music to me. I went and checked out Voice Memos, and while I was kinda indifferent towards it, I definitely saw some potential. In my review for Voice Memos, I said “I think Quadeca has the potential to drop an enjoyable project if he ever puts it all together”. And while this album is him doing exactly that, I am surprised, as I definitely wasn’t expecting him to put it all together this quickly or in this direction.

This is genuinely an experimental album with some of the most interesting production I’ve heard on an album all year. This was especially surprising to me, as I didn’t find the production all that special on Voice Memos. But the production on here is probably the standout thing about this album. The instrumentals on here are detailed and lush, and they do a good job going from being glitchy and distorted to beautiful and relaxing. There are also some legitimately beautiful musical passages that impressed me quite a bit. And another major improvement on here is Quadeca himself, who improves both in his delivery and his songwriting.

But while I do like this album, it isn’t perfect and is definitely flawed. The main flaw for me being that it’s a little too long and unfocused, and there are some unnecessary monents that could have been cut. Yes, while the many interludes on here are quite nice and help make this album feel immersive and add to its cohesiveness, many of them start to feel unnecessary and add to the runtime, especially on repeat listens. There are also some times where his rapping is a little cringe and it’s reminiscent of his older music, but I think his rapping overall is exponentially better on here so I don’t really mind it.

So yes, while I still see some room for improvement for Quadeca as an artist, the improvement he has already shown on this album in the relatively short amount of time since his last project is pretty impressive and I’m excited to see what he does next.

Fav Tracks: Sisyphus, Candles On Fire!, Shades of Us, Can’t You See?, Maybe Another Day..., Alone Together, Burnin Bridges / Long Day, People Pleaser, It's All A Game

Least Fav Tracks: Smiling at the Ground