Ghetts - Conflict Of Interest
Feb 25, 2021 (updated Feb 26, 2021)
Conflict Of Interest has some fantastic highlights and is solid all around, but it is just too long and has too many ok moments to reach it's full potential.

I had never really heard of Ghetts, but I saw the tracklist for the album and saw many prominent UK artists such as Skepta, Stormzy, Dave, Giggs, Pa Salieu, and even Ed Sheeran. This had me really intrigued, and while I did walk away with some great tracks, it just feels so long overall. Many songs on here just go on for too long and really don't need to.

There is a lot to like about this album though. There is some really good production, and Ghetts has some captivating performances on here. The features can be a mixed bag, but there are some great ones on here as well. Songs like No Mercy and Mozambique are great tracks with catchy hooks and a lot of energy, and it's these type of songs I really enjoy on here. Songs like Autobiography however, are not bad but are just way too long. Also, songs like Good Hearts are solid, but they're a little mainstream and feel a little too generic at times. The more personal moments don't always work, as I think the harder songs are where this album thrives. Nevertheless, this is still an enjoyable album that really displays Ghetts's talent and potential.

Fav Tracks: Fine Wine, Mozambqiue, Fire and Brimstone, Hop Out, IC3, Sonya, Skengman, No Mercy, Squeeze

Least Fav Tracks: 10,000 Tears, Crud