Cordae - Just Until....
Apr 22, 2021
While this 4-pack doesn’t blow me away, it’s a solid EP that has me really anticipating Cordae’s next album.

I really enjoyed Cordae’s debut album, and I’ve seen real potential in his music, but I’ve worried that he could fall down the trap of making the same music over and over without evolving. And while I have liked the singles he has dropped post-album and post-leaving YBN, they didn’t blow me away. I was hoping this would, but seeing as it’s just an EP to hold fans over until his album is done, my expectations weren’t super high. And it’s about exactly what I expected: solid but nothing revolutionary.

These four tracks aren’t amazing, but they’re all solid tracks for fans to listen to until his album is released. They aren’t his best songs, but they also aren’t the worst I’ve heard from him. They’re also pretty consistent quality wise, whether it’s production or Cordae’s verses. I don’t love the first two tracks, but they aren’t bad at all, and I really like the last two. While these definitely didn’t wow me or anything, they do have me pretty excited for the album and hopeful that Cordae can deliver.

Fav Tracks: Wassup, Thornton Street