Lil Baby & Lil Durk - The Voice of the Heroes
Jun 4, 2021
If you told me a year ago that I would actually somewhat enjoy a collab album from Lil Baby & Lil Durk, I would have laughed at you and thought you were completely insane. But here we are, and here it is, and I do actually enjoy it quite a bit.

Over the last year, Lil Baby has started slowly growing on me. I actually think Lil Baby has really stepped it up and has been one of the most consistent rappers of 2021. His features have been pretty good, and his solo songs have gotten much better lately. And while Lil Durk has never really impressed me (except for the feature on the Drake song), he definitely isn’t the worst or most generic in trap these days. I wasn’t expecting much from this though, even if I was cautiously optimistic. And while this isn’t great, I am pleasantly surprised.

This album doesn’t blow me away or anything, but it actually has some really solid production and verses from Lil Baby. Lil Durk is really not on his level here, and is kinda getting carried, but his performances aren’t bad and are decent. There are also some pretty solid features on here, even if I think this could have used some more. It’s not reinventing the genre or anything, and it gets samey and is too long, but it is pretty well-executed for this lane and definitely surprised me.
Jun 4, 2021
Completely agree, great review! Glad to hear that Lil Baby has grown on you and that you thought that Lil Baby was the better artist on the album! :)
Cry