Tyler, the Creator - LUMBERJACK
Jun 16, 2021 (updated Jun 16, 2021)
LETS GOOOO NEW TYLER AND ITS A RAP BANGER!!!

This slaps so hard. The beat is crazy, the hook goes hard, and Tyler is just talking his shit all over this song. I also love the DJ Drama tags and the mixtape-esque feel that this song has. I can see this being the Who Dat Boi of this upcoming album, as that was also the first single. I can also see people not loving this as much as other singles of his, but I’m loving it and loving this direction.

Tyler, The Creator is one of the most important artists to me, and you never know what he will do next because he’s so unpredictable. Because of this, I’ll always be ridiculously excited for new music, and this “Call Me When You Get Lost” rollout has been really exciting. And while I was expecting new music soon, I wasn’t expecting a single THIS soon, and I certainly wasn’t expecting a fucking BANGER.

I know Tyler has been talking about how he wants to make something that he’ll consider his “first great rap album”, but I didn’t think it would be this next album. But after this single I wonder if this album will be that. Now this could also just be like a “WHAT’S GOOD” moment on the album, and based on some of the beautiful production from the voicemails and snippets, I don’t expect a rap album full of bangers like this. But I wouldn’t necessarily be opposed to it either, because while this may not be his best song ever, I love it and it has me even more excited for the upcoming album
Jun 16, 2021
you have excellent thoughts about tyler and his future. i hope he might stray away from r&b and produce harder, more rap based works
Jun 22, 2021
LETS GOOOO NEW TYLER AND ITS A RAP BANGER!!!

Jun 22, 2021
@Lu0z Damn, that was really eloquent. The person who wrote that must be a genius or something idk