Kacey Musgraves - star-crossed
Sep 14, 2021
While I do enjoy a lot of aspects of this album, and I do think it’s decent, it’s just not executed as well as it could be and ends up being kinda forgettable as a result.

Coming into this album, I had seen people say great things about her music, and I watched her win the Grammy for Album Of The Year, but I had never actually heard any of Kacey Musgraves’s music before. So while I wasn’t expecting this to be my favorite album of the year or anything, my expectations were pretty high. And while this doesn’t necessarily hit them, I do think this is pretty decent overall, even if I don’t love it.

star-crossed is an album that I do think is solid and has many enjoyable qualities about it, but it’s just not connecting with me like I think it could. The production is pretty good throughout the album, the songs are pretty catchy, and the melodies she crafts are nice, but there are just things holding this back for me. For starters, lyrically I am just not impressed on this album, as there were many times where the lyrics made me roll my eyes. Also, while I appreciate her going in a pop direction, the result is a little bland, and unfortunately too often forgettable. But with that being said, I do appreciate the themes and topics she covers, and I do think there are some really good moments that help keep this album from being completely forgettable and boring, and help make it be a solid outing from Kacey Musgraves.

Fav Tracks: star-crossed, good wife, cherry blossom, justified, angel, what doesn’t kill me, there is a light, gracias a la vida, *the instrumental of breadwinner*

Least Fav Tracks: camera roll