FKA twigs - CAPRISONGS
CAPRISONGS is not nearly as ambitious or forward thinking as her past work, but it’s not trying to be. It’s just a fun collection of tracks packaged as a mixtape, and for what it is I love it.

FKA twigs is an artist whose music I have loved for a few years now. MAGDALENE was my second favorite album of 2019, and I loved what she did with that album. I then listened to many of her other great tracks, but I didn’t listen to LP1 or her EPs until recently, and I love those as well. So coming into this mixtape, I wasn’t expecting it to surpass those, but I was excited to hear Twigs do a more fun and light sound. And I really like it.

Even if this project is more accessible, it’s still weird and feels like her. The production is really good, the melodies are catchy, and Twigs sounds great here. I also really like the features here, and I like how they complement the project. There are a few songs I’m not crazy about, but even those are still good and I can see those and this whole project growing on me even more in the future. I can tell that this will have tons of replay value, and I wouldn’t be surprised if this is one of my most played projects at the end of the year.

Track Ratings