Beyoncé - RENAISSANCE
Jul 29, 2022 (updated Jul 31, 2022)
While “Renaissance” may not be Beyoncé’s best project, it’s still a pretty great body of work with a ton of highlights.

It’s been a while since “Lemonade”, which is among my favorite albums of all time. I also really liked her self-titled album, and both albums have some of my favorite songs of hers. I’ve been excited for whatever Beyoncé did next, but when I first heard the single “Break My Soul” I was worried. I thought the song was pretty decent and that Beyoncé made the song enjoyable with a great vocal performance, but I thought the instrumental was just really generic. It grew on me a lot with more listens, but I was still worried that maybe the full album wouldn’t live up to my high expectations after all this time. And with it here, it’s flawed but I really like it.

This album isn’t perfect, but it’s such an enjoyable listen and has a lot of highlights that it mostly makes up for it. The production is consistently pretty great, and so are Beyoncé’s vocal performances. The songwriting can be a little more hit or miss, but it’s still pretty good for the most part. The album is also a little too long and there are a few songs that don’t really hit like others on the album. With that being said, I still really enjoy this and can see it growing on me even more as time goes on.

Edit: this has grown on me even more. 80 to 85