Ice Spice - Like..?
Jan 20, 2023
Ice Spice is so overhated when it comes to her music, because while “Like..?” may not be great it’s just so personality-filled and fun that it ends up being an enjoyable listen regardless.

When Ice Spice first blew with “Munch”, many people wrote her off as terrible (me included). But as I saw more of Ice Spice on social media and heard that song more, she started to grow on me and I started to realize how fun she is. And with her next song “Bikini Bottom”, I genuinely loved it and thought it was a great banger with a lot of personality. Like yeah, her music is not striving for much and is technically not amazing or anything, but it’s very fun and endearing. And while she might have showed herself to be a one-trick pony on this EP, she continues in that lane and makes some enjoyable tracks in the process. The production isn’t anything special, and the music is very one note overall, but it’s a short project and I like what she’s doing so much that it doesn’t bother me. So while she might not be able to have much longevity going forward, for right now I’m just really enjoying her music and I hope she’s able to continue putting out music I like going forward.

1w
she's not going to let you hit bro
1w
@Calupmullings Ah yes, the only way I could possibly enjoy her music is because I must be attracted to her!!! Lmao💀💀
^ this
@case obviously
obviously (2)
1w
What personality are you talking about? I don't think I've ever heard a more monotonous delivery or flow than hers. Like seriously I don't think I've heard her drop a song with a different flow, delivery style, or lyrical focus, all of those things are the same every time. Do you mean the production has personality?
1w
@Pankace I don’t think personality necessarily means an energetic delivery or that she’s switching it up. She very clearly is having fun and having a song called Princess Diana after the memes of her being modern day Princess Diana and having many of the lyrics that she does on here shows her personality to me. The production also at times has personality, but I don’t think she’s devoid of it just because she kinda does the same thing over and over.
[hidden]