Busdriver - Perfect Hair
Oct 27, 2018 (updated Dec 30, 2018)
12/30/18, Decent review:
This is one of the more abstract hip-hop albums that I've ever heard, and it's fresher than ever, even today. I always thought Busdriver was a great rapper, with him having some of the most creative flows and styles in the game, but he offers even more on this album. He is not just a great rapper, but he's just as outlandish and just as great a singer/crooner in my opinion. I love the absurdist and memorable lyrics he has, I love his unique voice full of enthusiasm and personality, I love the catchiness of some of these tracks, and he is an S-tier wordsmith for sure. The many features on this album do just as great as Busdriver, with each of them having fairly different styles than Driver, keeping things as diverse as it could. Some of these tracks may seem simple at first, but there is quite a lot of substance to chew on, and I've been chewing on it hard recently, and it's not going anywhere anytime soon. This album is just great, with the majority of these tracks being ones that I will never ever forget.
Dec 2, 2018