Yeule - Glitch Princess
Feb 4, 2022
Incredible.

This album was easily one of my most anticipated releases of the year, after a string of incredible singles (especially the guitar led “don’t be so hard on your own beauty”) and boy, this album did not let down.

I know a lot of people are going to write it off because of the last track, which is a ~5 hour long ambient track. Please don’t let that track impact your thoughts, it’s a separate project just included in the tracklist (still a good track regardless)

This album retains the glitchy, ambient, and digitized soundscapes that composed Yeule’s first album, Serotonin ii. But this project builds on those sounds, and in a lot of interesting and exciting ways. Whether it’s the towering falsettos processed to death on “Electric”, or sick digital dance groove of “bites on my neck”, this project shows incredible growth from Yeule.

I’m going to need to relisten to this project a few more times so i can finish gathering my thoughts and write something more coherent, but I am very impressed with this project front to back. Cheers to Nat!

favorites: I <3 u, eyes, bites on my neck, don’t be so hard on your own beauty

9/10

8mo
My thoughts exactly, great review. I don't think you need to add anything to ti!