Lil Yachty - Lil Boat 3
May 29, 2020
Lil Bloat.

This is definitely Yachty's best project since the OG Lil Boat. My problem's with my Yachty's last 3 records are much less apparent with this one. He seems much less awkward when rapping for the most part. He's also actually putting in some effort which I felt like that was the biggest complaint I had for everything past Summer Songs 2. Yachty just didn't care and was just in it for the check, hoping he would make a hit but he seems to actually care about making good music with this one. Some tracks off of this thing are also so much more fun and expressive than the vast majority of Yachty's Post-SS2 songs. My main problem is there is some filler where Yachty definitely isn't trying as hard as he is on other cuts, I feel like if this was trimmed down to the best 11 or 12 tracks we would be in for an album maybe better than the first Lil Boat. Still though, even with the filler it's a decent record and one of Yachty's best and most fun in years.

TRACK SCORES:

BAD: 4
AWFUL: 0
HOT GARBAGE: 0
SUCK MY DICK: 1

FAV TRACKS: Wock In Stock, T.D. (feat. Tierra Whack, A$AP Rocky, Tyler, the Creator), Black Jesus, Can't Go, Range Rover Sports Truck (feat. Lil Keed), Don't Forget, Till the Morning (feat. Young Thug, Lil Durk)

LEAST FAV TRACKS: Split/Whole Time, Pardon (feat. Future, Mike WiLL Made-It), Free Down Bad, Oprah's Bank Account (feat. Drake, DaBaby), Concrete Boys
Comments