Moses Sumney - græ
Oct 14, 2020 (updated Oct 18, 2020)
Moses Sumney’s græ is the neo-soul album of the year. My god was this beautiful. Moses Sumney can sing, amazingly in fact. As a vocalist, he's one of the best I've heard this year. They sound super angelic, almost as if they’re straight out of the magical-world of the cover. The vocals are really something special man, I can’t iterate it enough. They just remind me of some of my favorite vocalists of all time in all the best ways. They’re so sweet and near perfect. This album definitely holds some magic. It does really feel like it’s from another world with how smooth and beautiful Moses Sumney is across these lavish instrumentals.

The instrumental palette is incredibly diverse, yet never strays away from a consistent sound. The album just sounds so larger than life and ambitious. I do think that the album does occasionally suffer from over-ambition and doesn’t do a sound it’s going for justice or the pacing is just off but this album is seriously magical. I really wanted to say more about this but I don’t really have the words to without reiterating myself a bunch of times so I’ll just say listen to this record.

FAV TRACKS: Cut Me, In Bloom, Virile, Gagarin, Colouour, Neither/Nor, Two Dogs, Bystanders, Lucky Me, Bless Me, before you go

LEAST FAV TRACKS boxes