T.I. - The L.I.B.R.A.
Oct 17, 2020 (updated Oct 18, 2020)
T.I. out here trying the absolute bare minimum.

This may not be the worst record of the year, but it surely is one of the most boring and bloated. Lemme start off this review by stating something: T.I. sucks here. He is at a terrible point in his career lyrically and is super boring. Alongside that, there are a lot of tracks where T.I. just seems like a generic throwaway trap rapper. This isn’t the T.I. I know. There are so many tracks here that T.I. himself ruins with his monotone and repetitive flows or him trying to pull off some generic autotuned track that I could get, done equally as weak, from any random-ass rapper with the smallest budget. Occasionally, he may come through with a semi-interesting flow or set of lines, but, usually, T.I. is phoning this the fuck in.

What usually ends up saving the track is a decent feature or a pretty good beat. Features from Young Thug, Lil Baby, Rapsody, Conway the Machine, Jadakiss, and 21 Savage all go over pretty well, but then there are features who phone it in like Killer Mike and John Legend. And at this point, I can’t even say Jeremih is phoning it in he’s just straight up ASS. The production, while great at times, never reaches the highs of the best production T.I. has rapped over. At times, the production can be super generic too. Most tracks have something I like about them, which usually doesn’t end up being T.I. himself, but very few are the full package. This could have been an ok album if T.I. brought it down to maybe 10 or fewer tracks but instead, T.I. goes for the 20 track route and creates an incredibly half-assed album with The L.I.B.R.A.

FAV TRACKS: Ring, Air & Water Interlude, Family Connect, Make Amends