Powfu - death bed
Apr 6, 2020
Another cringey, lo-fi, emo rap song.

I was really hoping the genre would have a turn-around with 070 Shake's last album, Modus Vivendi, a fresh collection of ethereal, synth-heavy tracks that perpetuated emotion not only through Shake's raw vocals, but also through the incredible production. However, Powfu isn't showing as much promise in this new single of his. His lyricism is placid, his voice sounds like sober Lil Xan, and even the beat is a stone's throw away from being a discount Jocelyn Flores. I suppose for tweens who are going through their fourth relationship of the year, this might hold some emotional merit. Otherwise, I'd recommend looking elsewhere to fulfill your melancholic music needs.

Powfu hasn't shown himself to be anything more than generic with the material he's released so far, but he's young, new, and, with the right direction, could possibly channel his emotions into a more powerful statement than a trendy TikTok song. I hope he continues to mature and not let his recently attained publicity coerce his music into blandness.
Comments