Lou Reed - Coney Island Baby
Aug 3, 2020
As quarantine is killing me emotionally, socially and financially, I decided to make the best of the situation by going trough some discographies. The first discography I'm visiting is the solo-output of one of the most influential musicians of all time; Lou Reed

Album #6; Coney Island Baby

After the *ahem* not so great reception of Metal Machine Music, Reed went back to a more easy-going rock and roll sound that fit in perfectly with a lot of the other music of the time. The result is 1976's 'Coney Island Baby' and I'm not sure I'm all here for it. In my opinion the album feels like a product of its time and it doesn't stick with me at all. The instrumentation is something we've heard Reed do before quite a few times and the songwriting is just not up to snuff.

Other than Kicks I would hesitatie to call any of these tracks bad; the problem is that it's just not very memorable in any way. Al lot of people seem to really enjoy this album so if an easy-going rock album sounds like something you'd enjoy I'd say go for it. It's just not really my cup of tea I suppose.

Fave Tracks: Crazy Feeling, Coney Island Baby, A Gift