Offset - FATHER OF 4
Feb 22, 2019 (updated Feb 22, 2019)
Good god this is some of the worst cover art I’ve seen in awhile.

Father of 4 is by far the best Migos solo album, but it still proves the problem with a Migos solo album. These three rely on each other. If even the one from the guy people thought actually had solo career potentially is average, that says something.

You know what else says something? Offset. He has quite a bit to say on this record. In this regard, Offset really succeeds with some great bars and catchy hooks. Almost all of it very unfortunately gets muddled up and lost in impact when they are immediately followed up or preceeded by a bragging track. The weight of almost everything he says is completely lost because this whole album is so bloated. Not nearly as bad as Quavo Huncho, but it still could’ve done with some cut tracks.

The production is fairly standard. Not horrendous, but not in the slightest bit impressive either. This could be because there are only two production credits total (Metro and Southside) that leaves behind the variety.

I was really routing for Offset on this one, and I got slight glimpses of what could’ve been only to be let down by the product that succumbed to the fears I had for it.

Best Tracks: North Star, After Dark, Legacy, Red Room

Worst Tracks: Tats on My Face, On Fleek
Feb 27, 2019
the cover art is good, buddy
Benny