Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!
Apr 2, 2021
Look, I like this. It's pretty; it's atmospheric; it feels monumental. But here's the thing: I enjoy this album because I like Godspeed. The band at this point in their career have developed a tried and true formula, and this doesn't exactly do anything to break that mold. I've also found that I've never been smitten with GSY!BE's style of post rock compared to their contemporaries (I have F# & LYSF at a 78 and a 72 respectively). I don't want it to come off like I'm shitting on this record, but I also don't intend to lie and praise this album more than what I think it deserves. G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END! is an alright release that doesn't do anything to push the group's sound forward.
Apr 2, 2021
I feel bad because it seems like I'm the only one who isn't loving this
Apr 2, 2021
You just have a complicated taste.
Apr 2, 2021
Exactly. Maybe a lot of people rate it high just for that unique GY!BE sound, but not for ideas put behind it. And these ideas they used here sound derivative as hell. Like... the fact that you created F#A# and Lift Your Skinny Fists doesn't mean you will be able to create successor to them just by using the same tricks (but extremely emotionally watered down) more than 2 decades later. No offence to anyone who enjoyed it wholeheartedly.
Apr 2, 2021
i will be at your front door by nightfall
Concrete Penis
@Musicnerdd wdym
@FoxIntheCity yeah definitely. It comes off as more people wanting more of the same sound they're already acquainted with than something new (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's not that impressive to me in particular
@dominic bro i gave it a positive score
Apr 2, 2021
it should be higher grrr i am angry you have an opinion grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
@dominic oh God oh fuck
Apr 3, 2021
Don’t worry I thought it was mediocre to (but that’s not saying much since I don’t really like Post rock)
Apr 3, 2021
@TheNerdyNerd201 I didn't really think it was mediocre because I still enjoyed it, I just wasn't head over heels like some other people
The Armed - Ultrapop