Selena Gomez - Rare
Jan 10, 2020
God, I hope this doesn't get lost in the absolutely massive sea of bots.

What an absolute hypocritical trash can. Listen, I'm aware that Selena has gone through an incredibly difficult time, and I definitely feel for that. Plus, she seems like a genuinely sweet and down to earth person in interviews. But god, this album makes zero sense. 75% of the tracks are her talking about how she's not going to let anyone walk all over her and learn from her mistakes. And then, the other 25% is her opening herself up to her making those same mistakes at greater lengths. If she included a song where she directly talks about that as an issue in her life, I would let it slide, but she doesn't, so I won't.

Also, for someone who gives out lessons about humility on this album, she sure is full of herself and willing to treat others with such disregard as she feels she has been treated by significant others. In all honesty, it's just kinda baffling.

Oh, I guess I should actually talk about the technical stuff too. Selena's voice is fine, but she never puts a single ounce of emotion behind anything she sings. Ever since she made Good For You, every single song her voice has sounded exactly like that. Then, leading into that, the beats become an issue as well, because they're rather minimalist, as most beats used to highlight powerhouse vocalists are. But she's not Adele, nor Demi, nor even Taylor, so this simply doesn't work for her.

A bland album from a bland artist that I will never come to revisit. I hope Selena can make a big jump on her next project, because at this point she may be stuck in the realm of excruciating musical mediocrity forever.
I.... Agree
As opposed to Poppy?
Jan 10, 2020
yeah men can't see a confident woman without thinking she's full of herself, you're right
Jan 10, 2020
I mean, I support my girlfriend everyday and I think she is one of the most confident women I've ever seen! I just think she's being completely contradictory with her messages.
Jan 10, 2020
And the she in the second statement is in reference to Selena, just to make that as clear as day.
Jan 10, 2020
clearly you're not aware of what her struggles are if you don't understand the album... this is so inaccurate
Jan 10, 2020
I'm aware of the depression, the Lupus and the relationships. I'd love to be educated if I am missing anything which could help alter my perspective in a positive manner!
Damn Bruh, Dance Again is kind of dope tho
Jan 11, 2020
Deadass, that's the first song I heard before I realized the album was on shuffle and I thought it was actually a decent empowerment anthem!
Idk about you bro, but Kid Cudi was lit
Jan 11, 2020
Not even a little bit for me. Felt like a waste of a feature. Didn't even makes sense on the track, same with 6lack.
The thing for me was the beats. They sound like generic pop other than the 5 songs I’ve mentioned in my review.
This review is utter rubbish.
Yeah, the beats definitely don't add anything except a backdrop for her vocals, which aren't even that strong.
Cheers Liam! Appreciate the feedback mate!
FlavioAKARayman