Concrete Castles - Parallax
Aug 13, 2020 (updated Aug 15, 2020)
Hi AOTY, I'm back with my newest project, Parallax! Imo, it's my most consistent yet, and my best yet. Thanks so much if you happen to check it out!
Currently its only out on bandcamp, but will be on spotify, youtube and everywhere else within a few days! Here is the bandcamp link.

EDIT: SPOTIFY LINK: https://open.spotify.com/album/5FOfzyVMQjk1F3FwQcdJQA?si=RZ28j0PARXCTJ604V4a6mw

Anyways, I've blabbed about the meaning of stuff below, and basically what I was thinking while making it. Continue reading if you're interested with that.

Because I have trouble naming songs arbitrairy things, I imagined a story behind
these songs. It's not necessary to the album, but it's just
what I had in mind. Read if you would like, but you can just try out the music
without it if you'd like.

Enter with Home (Hue Land). This is where the protagonist of the story
starts the journey, at home and at peace
In the second song, I imagined the protagonist being lost
and being captured or kidnapped by an unknown creature, and taken far into space.
Song 3 is confusion from
this. Track 4, a spaceship is discovered as a possible exit. A way to escape.
Track 5, the protagonist is preparing and thinking out plans for how to leave using the spaceship.
On track 6, it's an intense and frightening, but sucessful escape. This is followed by the
uncertainty of track 7. In track 8, this is when the protagonist is in silent
hours travelling home. A radio can be heard as the excitment builds. In track 9,
it feels like home, but something isnt quite right. It feels alien. Track 10 is the realisation
that so much time had passed that everyone at home had forgetten about the protagonist.
This is followed by a brief period of thinking everything over, before the
triumphant realisation that the protagonist doesnt care.

Also, I used two languages in the titles for a specific reason. The first 8 songs
are all in english, but on track 8 you can hear french being spoken on the radio
vocal sample. Maison is french for home. The protagonist is back home, and its the same
place, but very unfamillar. Oublier is the french verb for "to forget".
The songs go back to english on track 12.

The whole album is me basically a transition between synth/electronic instruments to acoustic ones.
Aug 13, 2020
This is actually a pretty fun little concept!
Aug 17, 2020
i am excited to check this out. it seems fun and all i've seen is positive reviews.
@louisomahoney thanks!
Aug 17, 2020
probably gonna listen tommorow if i have time"
AndreVital