Sharp Veins - Advent Forest
May 28, 2020
Incredible album from front to back. Not only is it extremely atmospheric and dark, but it's also unique. Tracks like "Sleeping In A Fire" and "Dark Green Water III - The Old Lie" explore a more lo-fi sound, while still holding that amazing atmosphere to them. While tracks like "Where Have They Gone?" and "Flowers That Unfurl at Night" give you an image of beautiful places and haunting landscapes. And although I think "The Procession's Molt" is the weakest track in the album, it still holds up as a dark and menacing piece. I don't really think you can describe the images and atmosphere of the album, that's really one of the cases, where you need to listen to it to understand. And even without properly describing the landscapes I see while listening to this, I can still say that this album is still kinda boundary-pushing. At least "Sleeping In A Fire", which for now stands as my favorite track of the year. This dirty SFX that the track uses eventually sounds like a percussion to a beautifully composed texture, which is mind-blowing to me. Using such a non-beat sound and make it sound like a real percussion is truly something different from other projects I hard this year, and that's why I believe it's the best album of the year (even tho it's essentially an EP). It's just so unique and beautiful at the same time, I doubt we'll hear anything better. I expect even more from sharp veins in the future and wish good luck to his music career!
Comments
Legends Never Die
Kid Cudi - The Adventures Of Moon Man And Slim Shady
Kid Cudi
The Adventures Of Moon Man And Slim Shady
Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
Jessie Ware