Lady Gaga - Chromatica
May 31, 2020
Oh, I remember when I just saw the producers for this album and was already hyped. Don't get me wrong, I was never a Gaga fan, nor was I a pop fan in general. But damn, if you have Tchami, Madeon, and A FUCKING SKRILLEX on your production credits, you can't fuck this up... Right? Well, as it turns out, you can. All you need to do is command all those talented producers to do generic radio pop, Calvin Harris type beats. Like seriously, with such a team you can have production better than Charli XCX's and you still decided to sing on beats as generic as these? That's truly pathetic if you ask me.
The only songs that were bearable and not extremely boring for me were Sine From Above and Alice. Sine From Above was unfortunately ruined by awfully autotuned Elton John's voice, but it's still one of the album's highlights. Talking about the tracklist, why did she put those "Chromatica 1 - 3" tracks? Like, it just sounds so unnecessary epic and corny, especially for a radio pop track compilation like this. It maybe works as an intro (barely tho), but what's the reason for putting other ones in the middle and near the end? They just sound out of place and unnecessary.
There are of coarse other parts like vocals and lyrics. They are fine. Gaga's vocals are actually good. But you just don't care while listening to it. I mean, it's a dance album for some shitty clubs, why would you?
Comments
RTJ4
Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher
Phoebe Bridgers
Punisher
Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
Jessie Ware