ATIVAN COREA - [][][][][][][][][][][[]][][][][][[][][][][]][][]][]][][[][[[][]][]][][]][]­[][]]][][[]][][][][].666%
Oct 13, 2019 (updated Nov 24, 2019)
A psychedelic journey spanning an hour and thirty minutes, where new and recurring elements pop up, only to leave a second later. I can’t help, but feel hypnotized by .666% 's multiple longer-lasting chord progressions as all of the other elements work together at an unexpected pace, which keeps me on my toes. “What element is going to appear next? What element will disappear next? Will it reappear? If so when?” These questions keep me engaged in this journey of a mixtape and make the length more than worth it. And since most of this mixtape is progressing with unpredictable instruments at the forefront, whether it’s wonky synths or samples, .666% ‘s repetitive moments that serve as resting points, can be appreciated more. As someone who is usually discouraged by longer project lengths (I suffered listening to Soundtracks For The Blind and haven’t heard Swans since), .666% was a welcome surprise for me. Whether the song has me dancing, lethargic, or anxious I’ll always be intrigued by this SoundCloud gem.
Oct 13, 2019
Only planned on listening to the first few minutes of this for my review, but now I'm over an hour into it!
Megan Thee Stallion - Good News
Megan Thee Stallion
Good News
Kali Uchis - Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
Kali Uchis
Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - K.G.
K.G.