Olivia Rodrigo - drivers license
Jan 14, 2021
Went into the song feeling frustrated with my day, came out feeling fresh and fantastic!
'drivers license' is the debut song for Olivia Rodrigo, who's a Disney girl, with the song easily being one of the best debut songs ever. Olivia's vocals are outstanding as she releases every feeling she felt over the past few months in a magnificent manner. The production is so simple, but the way the different counter melodies and drums come in is absolutely wonderful, using light claps and smooth synthesizers over an addicting piano instrumental to help Olivia out during the course of the song. The lyrics are really emotional and hit me extremely hard as you can hear that she meant each and every word with all her heart as she discusses a destructive break-up in an uncensored way, leaving everything that hurt her out in the open. The build up is perfect as she leads up to the chorus with gaining intensity until she unleashes everything on the chorus, which has been done before but nothing comes close to how raw she sounds in this process. The bridge is fascinating as her feelings flow out of her until she feels fine, or in other words, much better, having a huge chance to become my favorite bridges ever. Small changes to the song make significant impacts as she had originally included 'And I don’t believe you when you say I did nothing wrong' as part of the chorus, blaming herself for the break-up, but ended up replacing it with 'Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me', turning out to be a tremendous change as it shows everyone that you shouldn't always blame yourself for everything. The song is crushing the charts and breaking records all over the world as Olivia Rodrigo has already broken the single-day streaming record for a non-holiday song, and don't forget that this is just her debut song, she for sure deserves all the success that she's gotten so far. I honestly get Gracie Abrams vibes from her vocals and a hint of Taylor Swift influence in her lyrics. Olivia Rodrigo is going to get a lot of hate as people love to hate a person trending, especially someone who's not just talented in music but in acting too. Overall, 'drivers license' has a decent chance at making my top ten songs of 2021, being a stunning debut for Olivia Rodrigo as she has surprised me with this song.
Jan 15, 2021
Simp

wauvo wauvo
Jan 15, 2021
@TomBejoy No simp, song stunning! quavo quavo quavo
Jan 20, 2021
@Cry Garci is gone, we have qquavo's our last quavos 😔
Jan 20, 2021
quavo quavo quavo ☹
Jan 21, 2021
@TomBejoy @ParthanyJobtano :(
Jan 24, 2021
So glad you enjoyed the song as much as I did! Great review
Jan 24, 2021
@Ida Thank you so much!!! Glad you loved the track too! :)
nicoperagine