Tate McRae - Slower
Mar 4, 2021
'slower' is better than Tate McRae's previous singles and I hope that this song makes it on her upcoming EP. The vocals from Tate McRae seemed to be extremely emotional and the song seems to sound like it has some significance to her personally as it's shown through her vocals, creating an impact on me too. The production is probably the only disappointing feature of the song as it's way too generic and I feel like Tate is falling into a trap of using the same haunting synthesizers to build the instrumental of each song and drums that don't play a big role at all, sounding stale as it really becomes repetitive after some time. The lyrics made me think for a while as they're extremely interesting, not using a complicated rhyming scheme at all on the chorus as it was one of the simplest choruses that I've heard from Tate in terms of rhyming, although the actual lyrics have an amazing purpose, telling the other person in a relationship that they don't really need to rush things and that they could take things slower, maybe even revisit the relationship later on in life, with what amazing me even more was that Tate wrote this song when she was only 14. I'm disappointed to know that Tate McRae is dropping an EP instead of a full length project this month, but do understand that she's still only 17 and that I should be grateful for any music from Tate at all as she's a tremendous upcoming artist. Overall, 'slower' is a strong single to drop to promote her upcoming EP, 'Too Young To Be Sad', which I'm very excited for and want to congratulate her on being an 'Apple Music Up Next' artist, a title she deserved.
wHEN WILL YOU DROP THE PRINCESS AND THE CLOCK REVIEW

but seriously, good review
Mar 4, 2021
@TomBejoy I might drop a review for that tomorrow, I listened to it and liked it a lot! Thank you! :)
HOLY SHIT CRYO CRYO BONITOES