Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR
May 21, 2021 (updated May 24, 2021)
THANK YOU FOR 500 FOLLOWERS! SOUR IS PERFECT! ONE YEAR SINCE I JOINED AOTY!

SOUR, the debut album from Olivia Rodrigo, is the best break-up album I've ever listened to and might be album of the year. Olivia Rodrigo started her career early, acting in a few Disney TV shows and started singing on Instagram, which caught the attention of some people who thought that she'd be an amazing singer. Olivia Rodrigo, who's only 18 years old, has understood the pain of a break-up and the heartbreak that follows it. She's felt the sadness, the madness, the trouble to move on, the hope, and even the jealousy. I've never related to an artist more than I have with Olivia Rodrigo, which is exactly why her music has a huge impact on me and why she's become my favorite singer. Never though that an artist could capture the entire story of heartbreak as excellent as Olivia Rodrigo has on the album. SOUR is like a pack of Sour Patch, seeming to be sweet at first with the way that the song sounds but the sour hits hard soon after as soon as you pay attention to the lyrics.

The opener of the album really surprised me, being 'brutal', which made sense cause that was the name of the track. The sudden drop destroyed my ears as the last thing that I expected from Olivia was her performing on a hard rock beat, with an aggressive instrumental and equally electric drums. The lyrics from Olivia Rodrigo match the brutal mood of the track as she doesn't understand how the teens are supposed to be the best years of your life, wondering why she's not living the 'teenage dream' that people often talking about. People don't often talk about how bad the teen years can be, probably why people expect some type of perfect life when they enter their teens, when they instead face many mental issues and obviously heartbreak. Her vocals are sharp and messy like she mentions in the intro of the song, really turning me up and getting me hyped, not what I expected when I entered when entering the album but I still enjoyed it as the execution was extremely unique and unlike anyone I've heard before. Probably the most ambitious song on the album and I think that placing it as the first song was spectacular as it set the tone of the album, showing that Olivia Rodrigo is fearless as an artist and not afraid to try anything.

We enter into the painful world of heartbreak through 'traitor' as Olivia Rodrigo feels like she's been betrayed by her ex-boyfriend. She thinks that how fast her ex moved on to date someone else wasn't right, creating an image of a traitor in a way you wouldn't normally expect. She seems to understand the point of view of the people that pass by as they just see a boy who hasn't done anything wrong and just chose a different girl while Olivia feels like she's been back-stabbed, comparing what he did to cheating, telling him that what he did was almost equally painful and wrong which hits hard because that kind of pain is hard to explain and get through, being a reason for why people develop trust issues. There were many different instrumentals on the track, with an acoustic guitar that sounded gorgeous along with Olivia Rodrigo and a powerful piano that set the tone of the track, while the synthesizer stayed silently in the background to help to create a spectacular atmosphere for the song, capturing the pain. The background vocals on the production were beautiful and the drums felt distant but still managed to keep the magnificent mood going, helping Olivia to unleash the pain of her heartbreak. One of her best vocal performances was on this track as she sounded so soft, even when she was singing about something that seemed to have destroyed her in all aspects, with her highs being unleashed on the song and not disappointing at all. Through the pain and betrayal, she still manages to make something that sounds so pretty, a song that's easy to relate to and to drop a few tears to as it takes some of the weight of the traitor's actions away from you.

'drivers license', my current favorite song of 2021, capturing the exact feelings you face right after you get dumped. I doubt they'll be a better break-up song than this as what this song has accomplished musically is mind-blowing. This isn't just another sad ballad, this is something special and a start to what could be a spectacular career for Olivia Rodrigo. This is what I'd call a perfect song, with the build-up of the song being perfect. The production isn't anything crazy, being super simple as it uses an uplifting piano instrumental along with unique drums that work in a wonderful way along with the synthesizers that make appearances along the track. The song is nothing without Olivia Rodrigo as her perfect performance on it was why this song took over the world. Her vocals were filled with heartache, sounding like she was drained and exhausted, telling her ex that she loved him for what seems like one last time, just in case he changed his mind, which sadly doesn't happen like expected. The lyrics on the song are really good as the get how it feels when you still love someone with all your heart even after they've caused so much pain to you, not coming close to cringe. The best part of the song is the bridge and I don't think that anyone would disagree as it's one of the best things I've ever heard, sounding absolutely heavenly, like the night sky is falling down on you. Olivia Rodrigo managed to turn the sting of heartbreak into a gorgeous song and I'm grateful to have heard the song in my life.

After the initial pain disappears, you start to overthink about the time you spent with your significant other and this is what Olivia Rodrigo covers with '1 step forward, 3 steps back'. Like I mentioned, the initial pain is gone and that's one step forward but the thoughts that come after it is what takes you three steps back as a lot of self doubt enters you life. Olivia wonders if she's pretty and fun, wondering if that's why she's been left behind by her ex, which is something you'd obviously think about if it happened to you. The bridge follows the same theme, as she goes back and forth thinking about if what she said in the past led to this happening or if it's all her ex's fault. We tend to get lost in thought for a while, it's a hard stage to get past, but I loved how beautiful Olivia Rodrigo made it seem. The production is based on a pretty piano instrumental, with not much else entering the track to enhance it. The lyrics let the listener understand the thinking that comes with the break-up, using simple lines, trying not to make anything complex lyrically, which is nice for a change as it gives us a break to process what's happened so far in the album. The song does a decent job at discussing the confusion we face after a breakup, along with the a hint of frustration being present to make the picture of the craziness perfect.

'deja vu' enters the next stage of break-up, wondering about what our partner is doing now and on how they feel, after all, you loved them and they loved you at some point. In this case, Olivia Rodrigo's ex moved on quickly and had found a new girlfriend which makes things for her worse, making her wonder even more and increasing the pain she would've faced. The idea of deja vu was used perfectly, with Olivia Rodrigo incorporating it in a way you wouldn't expect, wondering if her ex gets deja vu when he's with his new partner. She's gets more confident along the track, claiming that she knows that her ex does get deja vu which gives her a feeling of comfort, making her not worry as much, with the pain settling down at this stage. The production is pretty just like the last track as it's based on another amazing piano instrumental that feels dreamy and comes along with fantastic synthesizers that sound fresh along with Olivia Rodrigo, reminding me of some synthesizers that were used often on 'Minor' by Gracie Abrams. The drums on the track are some of the best on the album, being especially unique and with the pattern being excellent. You just want to sing along by the time the bridge hits as it's so satisfying and helps to take out some of the pain that you've locked up inside of you, being a song that makes you feel so much better. Olivia's vocals go back to being soft like they were on 'traitor' and I love when they do get soft as that's her vocals at her best in my opinion, sounding so soothing and taking your mind off everything. The annoyance at your ex can help you get over your ex and it's very interesting, with the idea of her ex getting deja vu getting rid of the negative thoughts that she had about herself.

'good 4 u', a track similar to the opener of the album uses a pop punk theme that was heavily used by MGK on 'Tickets To My Downfall', showing a more mad side from Olivia Rodrigo. She seems to be happy for her ex, well maybe not, as it may just be sarcastic which is what I'm guessing although she probably does mean the lyrics a little as she still does love him a little. At this point on your journey on moving on, you're probably pissed at how your ex moved on so fast, a theme explored with a different approach on 'traitor' and 'drivers license' where she was in a much more darker place. She's gotten out of that dark place and screams her heart out, taking out all the anger she's built up over the period of her break-up and unleashing it on this song. You can see that she's hurt at the fact that her ex never cared to check up on her, kind of ghosting her instead after giving her all the attention in the world while they were dating, which is why this type of pain builds up in a person. The production follows the pop punk style that I mentioned earlier, being executed in an excellent way, as the energy from the drums gets unleashed on the chorus when Olivia Rodrigo is yelling her heart out while the guitar instrumental comes out on the chorus to create a bigger impact while the instrumental used on the verses barely plays a part in the song. Olivia Rodrigo's aggressive vocals are amazing, making you want to yell along just like on the bridge of 'deja vu' helping to remove any pain left in you like I mentioned before. The song signifies the end of the effects of the break up on you, or at least the ones you realize as you slowly start to forget about the break-up because all the pain that was stuck inside of you has been left out, with only the memories remaining.

Like I mentioned, Olivia Rodrigo starts to think about the memories she made with her ex, with 'enough for you' appearing to be a cute song, but being something much more deep. The writing on this song was probably the best out of all the songs on the album as you can see how much the entire breakup had affected over the last few weeks and month. There's so many magnificent lines on this song and I'd list them down but it would just be way easier if you gave the song a listen and took a look for yourself. The song was about how she did everything for her ex when they dated, but realizing that it wasn't worth it after everything was over. The production contained a relaxing acoustic guitar instrumental which is what makes the song seem so much more cuter than it is. Olivia sounds outstanding on the song, mixing her soft vocals with her regular vocals to come up with a special sound that was memorable. The bridge didn't have anything crazy going on musically but the lyrics made it up as they were absolutely beautiful, being the moment where she realized that she deserved better than being dumped, for all the love she gave her ex, just for her to get disregarded easily by him. Olivia continuous her healing process by diving through her memories, wanting to get back on with her old life and no longer wanting her ex to come back to her, remembering a time where all she wanted to be was enough for her ex, but realizing that nothing she did would satisfy him and that she did nothing wrong.

'happier' has a similar theme to 'good 4 u', but being so much more serious as she gets rid of her sarcastic tone and chooses to be completely honest on the track. They've clearly added some type of vocal effects on her soft vocals, ending up sounding excellent and containing a crazy amount of influences vocally on the track. The production on the track uses a royal piano instrumental and drums that are faint but fantastic, reminding me of the production of Ashe's album as it was exactly like this. The strings on the song are haunting and help to add a more intimate mood to the track. Olivia Rodrigo hopes that her ex is happy but not happier than she is, a selfish thing to want but better than wanting something bad to happen to him and it's anyway something that's really relatable as why would you want someone who's hurt you someone to be happier than you. She reminds her ex of all the lies that he's told her, lies that most boys tell the person they love to make the girl feel better but comes to backfire when the relationship is over as the girl realizes that those things that he told her were lies, wondering what else was a lie about their relationship to the point where she even wonders if she he even truly loved her.

'jealousy, jealousy' is probably the most unique track on the album as there's not a track close to the cold attitude shown on the song, being the the reason for why it works so well. I'm glad to see a track about jealousy, even though it didn't appear in the way I expected it to as she sounds so cold and confident which I thought was a wonderful change to the soft vocals she's been using for the most part. Olivia discusses being jealous of other girls, common in the world of social media and Olivia wishes that didn't care and that she wasn't as jealous as she was. The production is rough and even slightly groovy, being cool which I thought was unexpected as it wasn't beautiful like the other beats, being a great thing in this case. At this point, she's just jealous, probably because she's lacking the love and compliments that she used to receive from her ex, working on loving herself and caring for herself, not worrying about anyone else. She's basically creating/finding her identity in the crazy world of the perfect expectations, learning to be happy for others instead of jealous. The song makes me feel a lot better about being jealous as it's not something you should be guilty for, but you should still work on trying to get rid of the jealousy if possible as it's not a desirable quality.

'favorite crime' contains heavy influence from Taylor Swift, being a lot more laid-back compared to the previous songs on the album as she's close to moving on. The songs could've fit on 'folklore' or 'evermore' as the production is very instrumental based, being quite chill. Olivia Rodrigo's vocals sound slightly like Taylor Swift although her soft vocals make an appearance on the track too. She's back to thinking about the memories of the relationship on the track, knowing that she was doing whatever her ex wanted when they were dating and not having an opinion for herself. She realizes that she's done so much for her ex and her ex hasn't showed that he cared an equal amount, hurting her in many ways instead, breaking her trust and her heart at the same time, even when she defended him in front of her friends, something we all might've done during a relationship as we're so in love with the person that we focus only on the good that they've done and ignore the bad. Near the end of the song, on the last chorus, you can hear how emotional Olivia sounds, sounding like she's crying and singing at the same time, hitting hard as you can see that's she actually been affected by how hurt by how he took advantage of her, a theme explored often on the album. Oliva Rodrigo takes time to acknowledge that she was also a reason for her heartbreak and that she can't put all the blame on her ex cause it truly wasn't all his fault because she's the one who let this happen, starting to move on with this track.

'hope ur ok', the outro of the album, really made me smile and served as an outstanding end to the album. Olivia Rodrigo sang with her regular vocals, not attempting to do anything crazy on the track but still sounding tremendous. The production sounds so relaxing, using a lovely instrumental that gives me warmth. The bridge of the song is beautiful, almost as beautiful as 'drivers license' as she replicates the effect but it's still unique and spectacular. Olivia hopes that her ex is doing okay, not being mad at him anymore and instead wishing him the best in the future as she understands that nothing is forever, telling him that she does still miss and love him and that she's glad that she met him. Additionally, the song serves as a message to the listeners, hoping that they're okay cause she knows that they've been through a lot too, each one of us has, and that they're not alone because we've all went through our lows, with the goal of coming out strong being the most important and to learn from the mistakes we've made along the way. Olivia has finally moved on, reaching the end of her journey through her various emotions.

Olivia Rodrigo, an artist who appeared out of nowhere and is definitely not an industry plant, drops one of the best pop debut albums ever. SOUR is perfect in my opinion, having been sweetened by the the vocals and production of the album while the lyrics remained to stay sour. If you're not a huge fan of this album, you've probably not been through a bad break-up or gotten your heart broken and if either ever happens, I highly suggest you return to this album as it will help you heal as that's what it has done for me. Each and every song has a purpose and a different style, with the album not sounding like the same song over and over again like some people expected, which is why some people were pleasantly surprised. I predict that Olivia Rodrigo will be a huge artist, one of the best pop artists of our generation as she's got the talent, proving it by creating a gorgeous debut album.

SHOUTOUTS

I want to thank AOTY for always being there for me, through my many moods and tough times. Every single one of you have made my life a lot better and have helped to drag me out of the dark hole that I was in last year and I don't know where I would've ended up if I hadn't found this welcoming community. I know I've said this before but I just needed to thank you everyone again.

I want to start by thanking my best friends, some who have left the community and some who are still close with me.

@TomBejoy
You've honestly changed my life the most out of all the members I've met on the site. You taught me so much about music, more than anyone else ever did and you didn't need anything from me in exchange. You just enjoy giving suggestions, helping me discover music from diverse genres, being the biggest reason for why I've reached 500 followers as you've given me a great amount of advice to grow my account. I miss your meme reviews, hope that they make a comeback some day! You're one of the best writers on the site, often coming up with a huge, detailed review that covers almost every single detail accurately while additionally being able to write those reviews with some impressive speed.

@Basic_Garci (found out that @MirroredComfort is the same person lol)
I know he isn't on the site anymore, but he still affects me to this day. One of the best reviewers on the site, without any doubt, pumping out plenty of perfect reviews per day and pushing me to get to work so I could one day be as big as him. I've had a few fantastic conversations with him, where we just talked about what we were enjoyed and he was always easy to talk to, understanding what I liked and talking to me about that. He's the only real Mosey fan that I got to meet and even though things have went wrong with the Mosey case, I still have hope that he'll come back when Universal drops and that we'll have a wonderful conversation about what we enjoyed on the album. I hope he's doing much better and that leaving the site helped him as he's certainly helped me during his time on the site.

@Matt
Never fails to create a magnificent review, getting better by the days. The quick growth of his account made me want to put in the same hard work that he put to get his account to where it is right now. We were closer when he initially joined the site but it's been a while since we had a proper conversation, still love talking to him in the comment section though!

@GGSteven
@GGSteven just returned to the site and dropped a video on YouTube (highly recommend you to check it out)! He's super nice as we always used to comment on each other's reviews, talking about a lot of music over the time he's been on the site. His reviews are really detailed, even his reviews for singles which is something that I love about his account. Hope to see him more active on the site, if possible!

@Rater
My first real friend on the site. He's sadly left the site but he's a major reason for why I've stayed on the site for this long. Every Friday, I was excited to enter the site and read his review as he always has some of the most amazing takes on the site, really going deep down into the music and never being based at all, just reviewing things the way he wants to. He gave me solid criticism on my reviews, reading and letting me know if I could work on something to make my reviews better. His honesty and realness made me want to be more real to myself and to my friends and family, being so far one of the best things I've learnt on this site.

@Scre4meh
The amount we talk has significantly reduced but he's still a really good friend, easily being one of my favorite people on the site. I've heard he's gone through some rough moments over the last year but I'm glad to see him come back strong and put out really good reviews. I still remember the days where we used to comment on each other's reviews every day and review stuff we suggested to each other, those were some fun times. Hope we can talk again some time and that you have a great music Friday!

@GersonAOTY
@GersonAOTY is super kind, supporting my reviews all the time and even occasionally commenting on my reviews which I love! His reviews are great, always thinking of spectacular ways to write down his thoughts, inspiring me to vary things up a bit in my reviews.

@Chode
@Chode consistently comes up with wonderful reviews, being one of the best first day reviewers that I know and has been kind every single time I've talked to him. He might never comment on my reviews but he's one of the only people who's liked almost all my reviews and his support has always kept me going.

@LyricalMiracleS
@LyricalMiracleS leaves the site often but his reviews are always amazing whenever he does have time to write them, coming up with huge, detailed reviews that have a simple but spectacular format as they're always simple to read even though they're usually really long, loving how he manages to fit all the important details in a perfect order. He's super kind in the comments too, reminding me a little of @Rater.

@Musicreview
Few words, first person I followed and had a fight with on AOTY lol, superrr short reviews that get straight to the point and are still really good! Rarely active but has recently tried to write at least a few reviews weekly!

@squelch
One of the most active reviewers on the site, writing many reviews per week and trying to cover almost all the new releases, makes me want to push hard and pump out as many reviews as he does, managing, to make sure that his reviews cover most of the main points too!

@Fieryley
@Fieryley is one of my favorite reviewers on the site, being super underrated as he's not been active for a month or two but he's got his own fantastic review format that I love and have gotten inspired from, making sure to talk about each track and discuss what's wrong and what's wonderful about it. I've had many conversations with him in the comments and he's always fun to talk to, especially because we often disagree lol!

@DoubleZ
@DoubleZ is easily the best reviewer on the site and might also be one of the most influential reviewers on the site as he's certainly influenced me, being one of my biggest influences while I write my reviews. I would've have gotten this far without him as he's the one who helps me come up with new ideas, even if he doesn't know it, as there's been so many times where I learnt something from his reviews and applied it into my own review although in my own style. He's not only really good at reviewing, he's also one of the kindest people on the site, never getting mad and always answering questions in the comments in the most respectful and nice way. He never fails to compliment a review that catches his eye, supporting so many small users on the site, which was once even me!

@Phillip
@Phillip seems to have been less active recently but his reviews are perfect, love reading them as he's never based and stick with his opinion no matter what!

@realrealweasel
@realrealweasel has been a good friend since a long time, with his reviews getting better and better although he's also gotten a lot less active sadly. He's always been an amazing person, being fun to talk to and extremely nice whenever we have a conversation. He's especially shown me a significant amount of support often and given my account exposure a couple of times, being kind enough to not want anything in return!

@dominic
@dominic's reviews are exciting to read, having gotten longer in recent times, although he seems to be a little less active these days. Love how he continues to meme review sometimes and hope to see him a little more active!

@eliiscool5
@eliiscoo5 is an excellent reviewer, being one of the reviewers who used to drop a first day review every week although has been busy with other work recently but is still making amazing reviews! @eliiscool5 is funny and also extremely kind, love talking to him!

@reedy
I remember when @reedy was a lot smaller than he was now, working hard to put out wonderful reviews until the Sia review got him the recognition he deserved. That review really made an impact on the website and is probably one of the best reviews on the website as he's still working hard to make the same wonderful reviews!

@MusicGod
@MusicGod gives his honest thoughts almost everything, being someone who just enjoys music a lot which is what I like about him. Plus, he's a LAROI stan so how could I not like him lol!

@Rhino
@Rhino, we've had a hilarious history. I was introduced to him on the comment section for CTM where he called Mosey trash, which I obviously didn't like cause I'm like the biggest Mosey fan on the website so I obviously defended Mosey. We kinda argued for a few days until we both agreed to disagree as I told him that Mosey might prove him wrong this year with his future music. Surprisingly, @Rhino really liked some of Mosey's new music and kept an open mind to all his releases, having plenty of magnificent conversations about Mosey with him. @Rhino and me have also frequently had fantastic conversations on our reviews and I really learnt a lot from him as a reviewer as he's super talented when it comes to reviewing!

@Reviewsic
@Reviewsic has become one of my closest friends in the community recently as he loves to comment on my reviews and loves responding to my comments on his reviews, which lead to some wonderful conversations where we just talked about what we liked and didn't like about artists, singles, and projects. He also happens to be one of the most underrated reviewers right now, putting plenty of effort into his reviews that are really long but lovely to read as they flow so smoothly! Check his profile out!

@thewayiam
@thewayiam is a wonderful member of the site, being super active at all times and being one of the kindest on the site, love reading his reviews and when she responds to my comments!

@BGL13
Easily one of the best reviewers of this year so far as he reviews almost everything and does it in an excellent manner, not making his reviews too long but letting people know what they need to before listening to the album so that they can decide if they should or shouldn't take a listen. A tremendous reviewer who's only gonna get so much better in the future!

@LisbonBih
@LisbonBih joined AOTY recently has been releasing plenty of reviews per day, trying to review almost anything he can, while maintaining a wonderful review quality! Check his profile out!

@okcomputer12127
@okcomputer12127 has shown an outstanding amount of support, often complimenting me, and even though @okcomputer12127 doesn't write reviews often, they're still really good when @okcomputer12127 does write a review!

@theryanhimself
Worked so hard to get where he is on the site, making like the most reviews in a day and catching up on all significant releases over the last few years! What he's done this year on the site is super hard to match as he's put in countless hours to catch up! Keep up the amazing work!

@pizzagrande/@tacogrande
@pizzagrande reviews are simple and straight to the point as he either loves or dislikes projects without caring about the general opinion! @pizzagrande is also extremely fun to talk to as we're currently planning the DJ Khaled X Cole Bennett video! Sadly, @pizzagrande seems to be a little less active but I'm glad that @tacogrande still consistently drops reviews to read! @tacogrande's single reviews are some of the best single reviews as he takes his time to review popular artists along with plenty of underground artists which is something that I love about his account! @tacogrande is the better out of the two for serious conversations as I've had a crazy amount of tremendous conversations with @tacogrande on so many tracks!

@Case
@Case is super consistent with his reviews, coming up with really good reviews for literally every major release of the week! I love it when he responds to my comments rarely, easily being one of the most excellent consistent reviewers!

@Nico
Not heard much from @Nico recently but I still remember when he donated for me on his birthday, it really made my month! I never thought that anyone would do something so kind, but that's when he donated, pushing me to spread my positivity even more! I hope he returns to the site as I really miss his magnificent reviews and hope that he's feeling well!

Sorry if I didn't shout you out, still love you! :)
May 21, 2021
wow that's a big score. great review
May 21, 2021
Great review :) Congrats on the 500, very much deserved!
Oh, congratulations too. Can't wait for the real 500 followers
May 21, 2021
Congratulations for the (almost) 500' and for the anniversary, anyway you deserve much more than that! I congratulate you for all that you have accomplished so far, always serious and a lot of involvement and talent in your work, you are a passionate and what I appreciate the most in you is that you defend your opinion whatever the general opinion!
I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the shootout so kind, I'm happy to have been able to help you and believe it I noticed your constant improvement since it's been a while now that I follow you! Keep it up and thank you for all the support you've given me!
Bravo for the review too, I haven't listened to this album yet but I hear and read a lot of good things about it!
Good job Cry.
May 21, 2021
@Mozart Thank you so much, I just connected to the album quite quickly! :)
May 21, 2021
@squelch Thank you so much!! :)
May 21, 2021
@Mozard Thank you again, can't wait for 500 followers too!! :)
May 21, 2021
I read through this review and also wanted to shower you with accolades on the big 500, I'm really glad you've been growing fast but hard work truly pays off and you are the biggest example of that, so many beautifully structured and wonderfully written reviews, plus your taste in music only gets brighter as the days pass but that's the magic of the site. I was going to compliment your ever sweet demeanor anyway, but then I read the set of blurbs you wrote and I'm happily on the verge of tears because once again, no one has shown me love except people on this site, not to mention we don't even talk in person like on Social Media or any of that but we are great friends. It's absolutely lovely that you had a positive impact on all of us, and you are one of the reasons I became very active here in the first place. Of course I love showering you with reccommendations, a lot of other people on here have listened to what I reccommend them but you seem less versed in what I listen to than
May 21, 2021
people with extremely similar taste to me, that's all, plus you give good feedback to all of them and I really wanted you to check out some of the albums from long ago I checked out last year to spice up my tastes and were blown away by so I wanted you to have a similar experience with them
May 21, 2021
Do the needful and you migth as well tweak your review and rejoice in the fact that Mirroredcomfort is around here, alive, well, and recovering, thank god. They are a massive asset to our site and was a good friend of both of us, supportive and sweet, and also, dudes like Rater, Scre4meh and Eli are busy with examinations and stuff like that which explains their relative inactivity, Rater is around RYM so dont worry, all of them are just burned out and taking a break
May 21, 2021
I am doing extremely well to add to that, I changed schools and stuff and kept myself preoccupied with working on some beats of my own, finding even more online friends, playing some games and using my free time in a productive manner to my own health, if you know what I mean, thats why I'm very active but I'm not spending a long time on reviews because honestly you know, I get bored fast writing and am not as fast as before, but before the end of this week, but certainly by June I'll write up another one, just because you told me they make you happy 🀍 Im just getting back into the groove of reviewing slowly, but I have been rating and commenting on things like the usual, and active on the discord. Just facing a little writers block.
May 21, 2021
I had tests and stuff like that and after that I was out of ideas to write again so I just quit on it for a few weeks, because why not?
May 21, 2021
also eliiscool5 is definitely funny lmfao, on the discord his messages used to get starred the most. comedian in disguise
May 21, 2021
@tombejoy you sound like an english teacher correcting an essay lmao
May 21, 2021
congrats!!! you absolutely deserve it. i knew you’d make an amazing review for this album
500 LESTSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
May 21, 2021
Thanks so much for the shoutout, dude! I can give you all of that back: you're my best friend on this side, I really love reading your review. When I started reading your review, I expected a regular, good review from you, the ending REALLY shocked me in a positive way and this might be your best review on this side so far! :)

I have to agree with you, this record is STUNNING on so many ways, with Olivia Rodrigo having an amazing voice, and, especially for pop, some deep and thinkable lyrics. Not even a single track I didn't enjoy.
May 21, 2021
Congrats on nearly 500 followers! You're always a huge positive on the site, and love that the album didn't turn sour HA
May 21, 2021
@DoubleZ Thank you sooo much for responding! Everything you said means a LOT coming from you, especially because you've inspired me a great amount like I mentioned! No problem for the shoutout, it's the least I could've done for how much you've helped me! Glad you enjoyed my review! I am extremely interested on your thoughts on the album and am excited to read your review on it, if you make a review! :)
@LisbonBih Thank you! :)
[hidden]
May 21, 2021
thank you so much for the shoutout! Glad to see we both enjoyed this album! (ps. you might like melodrama! it’s kinda similar to this album and it’s my fav album oat!)
May 21, 2021
@TomBejoy Fixed the pronouns, I think, hopefully lol! Thank you for the help! :)
May 21, 2021
Hope I could be here for the next one. Great review
May 21, 2021
@TomBejoy Thank you for all the updates on everyone, I was wondering where everyone went and you giving me an update took away my worry. I had no idea that @Basic_Garci was still on the site as @MirroredComfort even though I've read reviews from @MirroredComfort lol! Glad to hear that @Rater, @Scre4meh, @eliiscool5, and @realrealweasel are still around the websites but are busy with exams, thought that they'd never become as active again lol.
May 21, 2021
@TomBejoy Time to thank you lol, you're like my closest friend on the site and one of the best users, exactly for what you've done in the comment section which is help me with any mistakes I made and to make me feel better! I'm glad you enjoy my reviews and each comment and compliment about my reviews means a lot from you as you've been guiding me to where I am right now! We may not talk outside this website but we certainly are your friends and do care for you, we love you! Makes me smile to know that you think that I've made a positive impact on the community and that I'm a reason for why you're so active! Like I said before, I really love all your recommendations, whether I enjoy them or not, as they each recommendation teaches me a ton about music and expands my music taste. So far, your suggestions, have been a wonderful, wild experience and I only hope to listen to more suggestions from you as they're so fun! :)
May 21, 2021
@TomBejoy Glad to hear that you're doing extremely well! I've switched schools too! Again, glad to hear that you're enjoying your time making new online friends, playing games and making beats (can't wait to hear new music from you)! I understand that you're not feeling like writing any reviews at the moment and that it's boring right now, I highly suggest you take your time and return to reviewing whenever you want as it's completely up to you, but we will miss your reviews for sure! I love seeing you active on the site and am glad that you're getting back in your writing groove slowly, and that you're talking to other members on Discord! I was feeling the same after my tests, didn;t feel like writing reviews as I was just exhausted, I completely understand like I said! :) ❀
May 21, 2021
@cold lolllll fax, but his corrections really helped! :)
May 21, 2021
@cold I'm guessing you know why you didn't get a shout out lollll
May 21, 2021
@BGL13 Thank you sooo much!! Glad you enjoyed my review!! :)
May 21, 2021
@halbery YESSS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)
May 21, 2021
congrats on one year!!! great review :)
May 21, 2021
@Reviewsic No problem, you really deserve the shoutout! You're my best friend on the site too, I have so much fun talking to you! Glad to hear that the ending impressed you and that you think that this is my best review, tried to do my best! :)
May 21, 2021
@Reviewsic Glad to see someone agree with me, this is what I'd call a perfect album like I said before! I'd call SOUR STUNNING too, it's exactly that! Olivia Rodrigo's vocals are some of my favorite vocals from the pop industry now and lyrics are deeper than they seem, like you said! I loved each and every track too! Glad we both loved this album equally, would love to see you review the album!! :)
May 21, 2021
@eliiscool5 Thank you so much!! Means a lot when you say that I'm always a positive on the site!! lollllll yes, so happy to see that this album didn't turn sour, @eliiscool5 officially back with the jokesss
May 21, 2021
@thewayiam No problem! I'm glad that we both enjoyed the album too! 100% gonna listen to 'Melodrama' as it seems to be an album that's often suggested, will listen and review as soon as possible, thank you for the recommendation! :)
May 21, 2021
@theryanhimself you don't have to wait till next time, you've been added! Thank you! Hope you have a great day! :)
May 21, 2021
@ProhibitedPedro Thank you so much!! :)
May 21, 2021
@patricia4221 Thank you so much!! :)
Thanks for the shoutout dude :) Great review
May 21, 2021
if this is the best breakup album you’ve listened to....pls listen to more music
May 21, 2021
Congrats on the almost 500 man! Ty for the shoutout, it's very sweet to wake up to that :)
May 21, 2021
@marinadelrey dont be rude, hes only finding his way into discovering more music so be nice 🀍
May 21, 2021
@cold I dont know if that came out the wrong way lmfao, I was just trying to reassure about things he wasnt certain about
May 21, 2021
I deleted some of them now
May 21, 2021
@Cry thank you so much for the shoutout!!! Truly means a lot. This is my Favorite review on this site!
May 21, 2021
@tombejoy lmao no it was fine, just funny
May 21, 2021
You literally wrote an entire book there. I'd be glad to help you on the road to 500.
@marinadelrey I'm sorry we don't agree! :(
May 21, 2021
@Chode No problem, thank you! :)
May 21, 2021
@realrealweasel Thank you so much!! No problem, thank you for being a spectacular friend!! :)
May 21, 2021
@TomBejoy Thank you for defending meee!! :)
May 21, 2021
@TomBejoy You reassuring me about the things I wasn't certain about really helped get rid of any worries I had like I mentioned before, thank you so much! :)
May 21, 2021
@MusicGod No problem!! Thank you sooooo much, that means so much to me, no one has ever said that about any of my reviews (from what I remember lol)!! :)
mean @cold lollllll
May 21, 2021
@ThatOtherGuy lolllll I guess I did write a book or something of a similar size! Thank you so much for your support, means a lot to me! :)
May 21, 2021
congrats cry, glad to see you're still going! i'm around every now and then, just lost my interest with the site
May 21, 2021
@Rater NO WAY, YOU CAME BACK AND COMMENTED ON MY REVIEW! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
May 21, 2021
Cry thank you for the shoutout! You are a legend
May 21, 2021
@Rater I understand, can't keep interest on one thing for so long, glad to see you back today though! Any thoughts on this album (if you listened lol) :)
May 21, 2021
@Case No problemmm, thank you so much!! :)
May 21, 2021
@Cry you're such a goat. All respect to you. We gonna make it top two on the site together some day. WatchπŸ’ͺ.
May 21, 2021
@theryanhimself Thank you so muchhh, you're a goat too and a great reviewer! Yesss, we are gonna get to the top of the site, lez go! :)
May 21, 2021
Awesome review Cry! Thank you so much for the shoutout and I hope we can have more conversations in the future :) Thanks again for the kind words!
500 you GOAT, i'll make sure to bring back them talks(β•¬β˜‰Π΄βŠ™)⊰⊹ฺ
Absolutely great review Cry. Well deserved! Congratulations
May 21, 2021
Thank you very much for the shoutout, you almost made me cry (like your username which is quite ironic πŸ˜‚), you are definitely one of my favorite people on the site for your friendliness and support which makes AOTY much funnier and a comfortable place to make connections in addition to expanding our love for music. I loved your review of SOUR, Olivia Rodrigo is certainly one of the most promising artists of our generation. I'm here for everything you need to :) and congratulations for 500 followers, that's a big mark and definitly there's more to come 😊
May 21, 2021
@Cry i thought it was decent, i'm glad you are enjoying it so much though.
May 21, 2021
Great review! Love the writing, but "hope ur ok" is actually about her childhood friends who she lost touch with.
May 21, 2021
You are easily one of the best reviewers on this app
May 22, 2021
@Matt Thank you so much!! I hope that we can have more conversations too!! No problem! :)
May 22, 2021
@Scre4meh Yesss, we need to talk moreee! Thank you for your support! :)
May 22, 2021
@Ζ¬Π―IΖ§Ζ¬ΛП Thank you so much!! Means a lot coming from you! :)
May 22, 2021
@Cry i swear to protect all wholesome people its my mission πŸ•΅οΈ‍β™‚οΈπŸ•΅οΈ‍β™‚οΈπŸ•΅οΈ‍β™‚οΈπŸ•΅οΈ‍♂️
May 22, 2021
now i need to make that review πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸͺπŸͺπŸͺ🀿🀿🀿πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄πŸ§žπŸ§žπŸ§ž
May 22, 2021
@gersonaoty No problem!! lolllllll can't believe that this almost made you 'cry'! You're one of my favorite users in the community too, love reading your reviews and whenever you respond to my comments, makes me feel better! Your kind words really made my day, thank you so much!! Glad to hear that you loved SOUR too, Olivia Rodrigo gonna be one of the greatest artists from our generation, I've got a good feeling! I'm here if you ever need me too, you can talk to me about anything! Thank you so much again!!!!! :) ❀
May 22, 2021
@Rater Yesssss, you actually found it decent, let's gooo!! :)
May 22, 2021
@oregonduck Thank you!! That's what I thought, think I read about that somewhere, might edit my review and add that if that's ok! :)
May 22, 2021
@TylerTheCornball Thank you sooo muchhh, that means so much to me! Don't think anyone has said that before, makes me smile! :)
cry you’re one crazy mf
May 22, 2021
@TomBejoy lollllll that's a lovely mission, I hope you succeed and will help in any way possible!! :)
May 22, 2021
@Cry Yeah, I think I will review the record in the next couple of days, just like how I want to review the Fall Off and the Shiesty Season deluxe. :) Expect it in a in the next couple of days, dude, and thanks so much for all the kind words, you really are a great person and a great reviewer! :D
@Chav lol Thank you! :)
May 22, 2021
@Reviewsic Yay, I'll be waiting for all three reviews, the Olivia, J. Cole and Pooh Shiesty reviews! I still need to listen to the 'Shiesty Season (Deluxe)' out of the three! No problem again, thank you for being a great friend! :)
May 22, 2021
Bruh I didnt even see that you talked about me on your review. Thanks my man.
May 22, 2021
@LisbonBih lol added it a little late. You're welcome, keep up the wonderful reviews! :)
May 22, 2021
This is review is a beast! Much respect and congrats on almost 500!
May 22, 2021
ily cry. i’m so glad that we both could enjoy this album so much. AMAZING review like always, definitely one of the best I’ve ever read on this site.
May 23, 2021
Amazing review, thanks for the shoutout!
May 23, 2021
Man, this review is great. This album honestly gets better every listen, definitely succeeds on what it's trying to do.
May 24, 2021
Wow, this is the best review I have read on here all year. Congratulations bro for 500 Followers, well deserves and am so proud to see how much you have evolved as a writer and as a fellow member of this community. I may not have been as active as I would like, but I’ve just been REALLY busy with College and work and other things and listening to so many albums, reviewing one requires a fair amount of effort, but since I dropped out of College I have had more time to listen to albums and I will be doing my review for this one (just starting to write it now) as this record is very important to a lot of people and such a triumphant piece of music for an artist like Olivia, but I do have some criticisms that I need to address, but there was nothing garbage about this album and your review of it was fantastic
May 24, 2021
I am also absolutely flattered to hear that I helped give you tips and much respect for shouting out all the ones who have helped you, and I laugh at the way we met πŸ˜‚ While I do still hold to a lot of my opinions on some of Mosey’s earlier stuff and things aren’t looking very great for him right now socially 😳 you Helped open my mind before going into some of his newer material (Enough is one of my favourite trap singles of this year, no cap) and I realised I was a little harsh back then so I apologise for that, but I’m glad I have helped you and that you took all the time to shout everyone out on this amazing review and I’m so glad I got to have these conversations and know what a nice guy (or girl sorry πŸ˜‚) you really are. Much love!
May 24, 2021
@Dabzilla Thank you so much!! :)
May 24, 2021
@MirroredComfort ily too MirroredComfort!! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the album too!! Thank you so much, that means a lot to me coming from someone who's inspired me a huge amount when it comes to writing reviews!! :)
May 24, 2021
@okcomputer12127 Thank you so much, no problem!! :)
May 24, 2021
@Alangreenw Thank you! I completely agree, the album just keeps growing on me and serves as the perfect teen break-up album!! :)
May 24, 2021
@Rhino Thank you sooo much, means so much to me coming from a magnificent reviewer like you!! Thank you again, makes me happy to know that you think that I've evolved as a writer and member of the community!! Love how you take reviewing seriously and completely understand why you haven't been super active as college is one of the busiest times in our lives!! Glad to hear that you will have more time to listen and review albums and will eagerly be waiting to read your SOUR review as I really want to know your thoughts on the album!! You're right about this album being important to a lot of people as it's a super important album personally to me and I'm glad that you thought that there was nothing garbage about the album, will be waiting to hear the criticisms that you have for the album!! Again, so glad that you enjoyed my review!! :)
congrats on 500
May 24, 2021
@Rhino lolllllllll I knowww, I still think that they way we met was hilarious too lol!! Yupp, waiting on what happens to Mosey but I'm glad that I opened your mind to some of his newer material, was wonderful talking to you about Mosey! Can't believe that 'Enough' ended up as one of your favorite trap singles of 2021, it's one of my favorites too, it's an excellent song!! You don't have to apologize for being a little harsh before, it's fine, I completely understand lol! I'm glad that I got to know such an amazing reviewer and person, appreciate how much you've helped like I said before and love talking to you, hope we can have many more wonderful conversations!! (I'm a boy btw lol) Much love to you too!! :)
@Charlise Thank you!! :)
Warning folks Another 🚨🚨🚨Banger cry review 🚨🚨🚨🚨
May 25, 2021
@TheNerdyNerd201 Thank you so much!! Glad you enjoyed the review!! :)
Cry, my favourite reviewer ⛷️⛷️⛷️
May 25, 2021
loved your review for this album as well! glad so many people are enjoying it!
May 26, 2021
i’m late but congrats on 500 followers cry.
love you always :)
May 27, 2021
Congrats on your first 100 likes Cry :)
May 28, 2021
ONE YEARRRRRRRR!!!!
May 28, 2021
Congrats! and great review. Honestly though, I think you put more thought into this review than Olivia did on the album. lol..
May 29, 2021
Absolutely crazy review bro. I'm gonna go back and revamp my reviews because of this.
Jun 6, 2021
Thank you so so much for the shoutout and all the compliments! Also congrats for the huge milestone, you've definitely earned it. I plan on returning in a few days since I'll start having a lot more time to get reviews done now.
Jun 7, 2021
Congrats on 500! Even tho lots of ppl disagree with ur opinions u still got some of the most interesting and genuine reviews!! Thx for the shoutout too
Jun 7, 2021
@2ManyFaces Wow, that means a lot to me!! Glad to hear that I'm your favorite reviewer!! :)
Jun 7, 2021
@rydecker Thank you so much, glad people are enjoying the review too!! :)
Jun 7, 2021
@August Thank you so much!! Love you too!! :)
Jun 7, 2021
@Chode Thank you so much, means a lot to me for you to notice and acknowledge that!! :)
@waaaaasop yupp lol
Jun 7, 2021
@vacantmind98 Thank you so much!! lollllllll maybe I did, wanted this to be a wonderful review!! :)
Jun 7, 2021
@louisomahoney Thank you so much!! You don't need to do that, I love your reviews a lot!! :)
Jun 7, 2021
@LyricalMiracleS No problem for the shoutout!! Thank you so much, means a lot to me!! Can't wait for your return!!! :)
Jun 7, 2021
@pizzagrande Thank you! Yeah, I got a lot of unpopular opinions lol! Means a lot to me, thank you so much!! No problem for the shoutout!! :)
Congrats! Highly, highly disagree with the score but great review
@rapscoreer321 Thank you! I can see why you disagree with the score, thank you so much again!! :)
holy shit this must've taken a lot of time
@Tyckz A few hours but yeah lol, glad to see you appreciate the amount of time I put in the review!! :)