Twenty One Pilots - Shy Away
Apr 8, 2021
I'm not the most familiar with Twenty One Pilots but I've heard a ton of their old stuff as they were almost always playing on the radio, with 'Shy Away' sounding really different to what I've heard in the past from them, being a really good single to drop before 'Scaled and Icy'. The vocals sounded nice, a bit nostalgic as they blended beautifully with the production during the chorus and even though they were nothing special, they sounded cool for the rest of the track too. The production was the stand-out of the track for me as it was a lot more modern than I expected, having an excellent electric touch to it too that was overwhelming on the chorus and was filled with happiness which I loved. The lyrics are above average as they're super basic but exactly what I expected from a Twenty One Pilots song so it wasn't too bad, but I was glad to see that the concept of the track was clear. I'm really not sure on what to expect from Twenty One Pilots on their upcoming album but if they choose to continue to create songs that have a similar style to this track, it'll be a pretty good album as there isn't anyone else currently, who I've heard, that makes music with this style. Overall, 'Shy Away' is an amazing single that's super interesting on the production side of things and kind of carries the entire track as the beat is boisterous, even though the vocals and lyrics are a little lacking compared to it.
Apr 8, 2021
Great review, love this new style too!
Apr 8, 2021
@𝙂𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 Thank you, love seeing you comment and glad that you enjoy this new style too!! :)
Apr 8, 2021
I would suggest Trench and Vessel if you are curious of diving into their discography.
YOOOOOOOOOOOO LESGO CRY
LISTEN TO TRENCH CRY IT'S AMAZING
^ I'm not a huge Twenty one Pilots fan but you have to hear Trench Cry
Apr 9, 2021
@beetlebat Thank you for the two suggestions, I'll start with 'Trench'! :)
Apr 9, 2021
@realrealweasel LOL I'LL LISTEN TO TRENCH AS SOON AS I CAN! :)
Apr 9, 2021
@Chode I'll listen to 'Trench' for sure, thank you for the suggestion! :)
Apr 10, 2021
accurate. Trench is a very good album thoughlmao
Apr 12, 2021
@TomBejoy Thank you, gonna go listen to 'Trench' soon! :)