Taylor Swift - Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault)
'How's your heart after breaking mine?'
Taylor Swift drops the the third single for 'Fearless (Taylor's Version)', second single from the vault, and it already might be one of my favorite Taylor Swift songs. Taylor's vocals are tremendous as she brings back the mature touch that she showed on 'Love Story (Taylor's Version)' while singing with so much emotion and energy that excites me every time I take a listen to the track. The production is pretty old-school, just like 'You All Over Me (From The Vault)', but a lot better as the drums don't disappoint and are absolutely perfect while the cool county type instrumental takes a back seat to allow Taylor to shine and it turns out to be the best decision. The lyrics are fantastic as it shows us that Taylor Swift has always been an underrated writer as the writing on the song is as good as the writing on almost anything she dropped last year, dropping a catchy chorus and lovely lines such as 'I've been pickin' up my heart, he's been pickin' up her' and 'And someday maybe you'll miss me, But by then, you'll be Mr. "Too late"' that just make me wanna play the song on repeat all day. The song contains a certain positive atmosphere that I can't find on any other artist I've ever listened to, making me smile as songs like this that show heartbreak in a raw but healthy way are what I miss. I haven't heard the original version of 'Fearless', but I'll definitely be giving 'Fearless (Taylor's Version)' a visit tomorrow. Overall, 'Mr. Perfectly Fine' is a magnificent single to drop just days before her version of 'Fearless', being made to brighten up your day after your heart gets broken.
Comments