Lil Tecca - Never Left
May 8, 2021
'Never Left' is a single to Lil Tecca's highly anticipated sequel to 'We Love You Tecca', with this song being a great addition to the project. Tecca's vocals are nice, as he doesn't seem to try too hard, using his usual energy, not playing at all with the autoune like he did on his last project and not trying to add any variety like on 'Show Me Up'. The production from Internet Money is magnificent as it's simple like usual and contains a cool instrumental that comes with some wonderful counter melodies and average drums. The lyrics on the track are decent, not trying to come up with anything super complex and sticking with some simple flows and a catchy chorus that stays in your mind all the time. I love how Lil Tecca didn't try too hard to change stuff up because things weren't working and instead chose to go back to his roots, coming back like he never left which makes me happy as Tecca is an artist who I love. Overall, 'Never Left' is a just another one of Lil Tecca's bangers as he brought back the crazy cadence, that he last brought when he blew up, moving away from the silly stuff on his debut album as his reunion with Taz Taylor seems to really be working.
May 9, 2021
Just an average tecca song tbh, decent
May 9, 2021
Amazing review! While his Virgo World tape was kind of meh to me, I love the singles he puts out right now and I am really hyped for the WLYT2 tape! :)
May 9, 2021
@TomBejoy Yupp, an average decent Tecca song! :)
May 9, 2021
@Reviewsic Thank you so much! Me too, I've been loving the singles so far and am hyped for the WLYT2 mixtape, also cause it's produced by Internet Money! :)
May 10, 2021
Wow, and I thought you didn’t like Tecca 😂 I’m glad you liked this one though. I kinda digged it :)
May 10, 2021
@Rhino lollll I do like Tecca but wasn't a fan of anything on 'Virgo World', felt like he took a huge step backwards with the debut album. Glad you enjoyed the track too, hope we get 'WLYT2' soon! :)