Lorde - Solar Power
Jun 11, 2021
'Solar Power' is the start of a new era, being a much more brighter, positive part of Lorde's life and I'm extremely excited for the album after taking a listen to the single. Lorde's vocals are refreshing as she shines throughout the track with some really good vocals although I feel like she could've put in some more energy as some parts of the song felt slightly slow for the song to be a 'summer banger', like the single was intended to be. The production from Lorde and her frequent collaborator, Jack Antonoff, is just amazing as the acoustic guitar is gorgeous and the drums are thin, with the beat being airy as the counter melodies are creative and cool. The lyrics from Lorde are lovely in all aspects, being beautiful as Lorde is extremely descriptive on the pre-chorus while announcing that it's a new, happier state of mind on the chorus and asking the listeners if they're coming along on the journey. She seems to form a connection with nature, helping her forget and let go of all the things that had been bugging her before in the past, embracing herself for who she is, unlike how she labelled herself a liability on the last album, which was wonderful to hear. Background vocals from Phoebe Bridgers and Clairo are present on the song and they sound absolutely beautiful, enhancing the entire track with their vocals, adding to the airy atmosphere. The outro of the song was outstanding, being powerful as I could feel the positive vibes that she worked hard to create. The song, cover-art, and title of the album screams self-love and I'm all for it as it's something that people all around me have trouble with, including myself so it's exciting to know that Lorde is choosing to make an album based on loving yourself and keeping yourself happy and healthy! Overall, 'Solar Power' is a spectacular lead single that may not seem like much at first glance but it truly is a beautiful song that'll blow you away with its positive, summer vibes created by Lorde's gorgeous performance.
Jun 11, 2021
Great review, love this single and can’t wait for the album πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜
Jun 12, 2021
@Rhino Thank you so much, I'm hyped for the album too!! :)