Megan Thee Stallion - Thot Shit
Jun 11, 2021 (updated Jun 11, 2021)
Megan Thee Stallion is back as Tina Snow, one of her alter-egos, dropping a decent single that reminds me of her last project, 'Good News'. The vocals from Megan Thee Stallion are full of confidence and sound super cool like usual, while her vocals on the chorus use excellent vocal effects to add some variety. The production from OG Parker and LilJuMadeDaBeat reminds of a way worse version of the beat on 'Don't Stop', not having the same sizzling energy created by the synthesizers of that song and instead having an empty, underwhelming instrumental supported by outstanding vocal counter melodies in the background and spectacular drums that absolutely slap. The lyrics are tremendous as Megan seems to never run out of bars when it comes to sexual topics, delivering it with a fierce attitude. My main problem with Megan Thee Stallion is how repetitive the topics in her songs get as she's clearly the best sex rapper currently, but I know she has the skill to rap about a lot more than just sex which is why I get disappointed when she sticks to just rapping about sex. I'm hoping that this song is going to be part of a deluxe to 'Good News' instead of a whole new project because this song perfectly fits in with the rest of the album in all aspects, especially with the vibe as it has the same strong, careless theme all across it. The video was very inappropriate and I was completely shocked by it, but again, it is a Megan Thee Stallion song so I should've been expecting it although I highly suggest that YouTube put a age restriction on the video. Overall, Megan Thee Stallion's first single after her break is a banger and I can't wait for what's next in her career, hoping that she moves away from sex slightly and uses her spectacular singing in some of her new songs.
Jun 12, 2021
I'm not a megan fan, but this song was pretty decent to me. Great review! :)
Jun 12, 2021
@Reviewsic Glad you enjoyed the song, thank you so much!! :)
Jun 23, 2021
I like the Don't Stop comparison, even though the songs sound so incredibly different, there is a blocky, heavy style to both beats, didn't even think of that.
Jun 23, 2021
@bean Glad you liked that comparison, the blocky, heavy style you just mentioned was exactly what I was referring to, glad to see that you got it! :)