James Blake - Friends That Break Your Heart
Oct 8, 2021
James Blake drops 'Friends That Break Your Heart' and it's an absolutely beautiful album that captures the heartbreak that follows loosing friendships and when friends disappoint when it matters. James Blake has musically taken a conservative approach, not taking any large risks but still coming up with a lovely, lively atmosphere that keeps up with James Blake wherever he chooses to venture, with a lo-fi backdrop creatively working with James Blake's lavish, delicate vocals. Coming into this album without knowing what to expect, this album was a pleasant surprise as it's exactly what I wanted from a fall album, with its exhausted nature matching my emotions exactly as the year starts to wind up and we prepare for the next. I love how haunting everything feels, carrying on the pain that James Blake faced when his friends broke his heart throughout the album, giving me constant chills and only made the album more grand. 'Friends That Break Your Heart' is definitely a top ten album for me personally, coming at the perfect time of the year as it does a decent job at calming my mind and giving me hope for the future, with James Blake doing his best to fill the hole in his heart that his friends left when they gave up on him while additionally appreciating the ones that stuck with him through thick and thin, with the musical aspect of the album reminding me of 'Melodrama' and 'Nectar' which is nothing but a compliment, but doesn't come close to their quality because of how monotonous things get.

Best Tracks: Coming Back, Life Is Not The Same, Show Me, Lost Angel Nights, If I'm Insecure
Worst Tracks: Famous Last Words, Foot Forward

Truly seems timeless, I can see myself listening to this album walking on the streets late at night ten years from now.

(Maybe Full Review Soon)
joji has a prod credit
Oct 8, 2021
Couldn't agree more with this review! It's always great to hear your thoughtful takes on popular music :)
Oct 8, 2021
@TomBejoy Yeah I think I heard about it, it's on Life is Not the Same, loved the beat!! :)
Oct 8, 2021
@Donlord Glad that you agree, thank you so much, that means a lot to me!! :)
Good job on the review!
Great review!! :)
Yay 😁
Oct 8, 2021
Great review! I agree with everything you said.
@Brando Thank you! :)
Oct 9, 2021
@Reviewsic Thank you!! :)
@Nico :)
Oct 9, 2021
@TurtwigsTaste Thank you, glad we agree!! :)
Oct 10, 2021
Such a great record. Good that we liked this album a lot.
Oct 11, 2021
@LisbonBih Fax, beautifully consistent!! Glad we both enjoyed it too!! :)
Coldplay - Music of the Spheres
Coldplay
Music of the Spheres
Young Thug - Punk
Young Thug
Punk
PinkPantheress - to hell with it
PinkPantheress