Joji - Glimpse of Us
Jun 17, 2022
'Glimpse of Us' is Joji's first single since his sophomore album, 'Nectar', moving towards something stripped down, giving listeners a gentle, gorgeous ballad. The vocals from Joji are a hint disappointing as he doesn't change things up significantly, really letting a rawness shine as we can't help but stop to listen carefully to listen to what he has to say, hypnotizing us. The production is pretty good, using a spectacular piano instrumental backed by beautiful effects to enhance the instrumental and Joji, giving the song a great texture. The lyrics are incredibly pretty, guiding us through his heartbreak where he tries to look for any love in the girl he still loves, immersing us into his gash through an outstanding chorus that gets me shivering just a little bit. Joji's been gone for a little too long and I can't wait for what he has in store for us next as I need more music that touches my soul the way this song has, even though my heart hasn't even been broken recently, giving me the exact pain that dwells in our brain after heartbreak. Overall, 'Glimpse of Us' is a great single to catch our attention, giving me goosebumps and opening my eyes to the beauty behind a blank face.
Comments